Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm now on my second Touchpad. Just got a refurbished one back after sending the first one in because there were three distinct horizontal lines which were not touch sensitive. You can't see anything on the screen, but it doesn't respond to my touch.

Using a drawing application, if I trace a vertical line from the bottom to the top in profile orientation, about a third of the way down from the top of the screen the line breaks up. If I trace a diagonal line across the screen, in the area where these non-responsive lines are, it makes a stair-step pattern rather than just a horizonal line.

Has anyone had a similar problem or did they just send my original touchpad back to me hoping I didn't notice the issue again. Is there any fix for this besides sending the Touchpad back again?

Thanks in advance for your insight.
    mine is ok. under device info, there is a menu for diagnostic tests.
  3.    #3  
    It can pass that diagnostic because the squares it tests are so large, but sometimes you can't even click "OK" on a dialog box because it's too thin and fits between working sensors.
    I assume the touchscreen has been cleaned off right?

Can you see if any part of the bezel appears to be sticking up more than the rest? If so, does pressing it down GENTLY help? Doctor will not fix this problem so does appear it needs a repair.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I am having similiar issues... Lower area closer to Center button is unresponsive and its difficult to get out of lock screen because I cannot drag circle out of its bordered area for example. Someone please advise where I may be able to get it repaired?
    Other various spots are unresponsive as well and I must flip my touchpad a few times to be able to select a desired option. Word processing is impossible.
    I have same issues at the lower screen when it's in landscape mode with home button on the right side. Makes typing annoying as some keys won't register unless I hit the right spot on the keys (could be the keyboard is not mapped correctly?).

Time to sell this POS (I know HP/Touchpad ******* will crucify me for this) and get the iPad 3 next month. I have not been complaining because I only paid $150 for my 32g and for the PRICE it's usable but that's about it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If you guys with the drawing problem are using the Glimpse Doodle widget, the problem may be Doodle and not your TP. I have the same issue, where Doodle will not let me draw a line near the right side of the screen in landscape (speakers down). But taps in that area do produce tap ripples, suggesting that the sensors are working.
    The digitizer in the top part (near the camera, left in portrait) went wonky on me to the point where I the side was basically non-functional. It's currently being repaired by hp. I opened just draw to see what the deal was to show the palm customer support people what I was talking about and yielded this (2 webos doctors later):

http://www.box.com/s/0rktja5dg1r2m5yvrnm1

I'd send it in if you have a similar problem.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 02/20/2012 at 12:08 AM.
    I have the same problem, but i have to live with it, because i live in germany, my TP is US-Refurbished.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My is on its way back from repair for a similar problem. From what I have read in other threads, it has to do with the glue that holds the screen on.
  12.    #12  
    At least I'm not alone, I guess. Jest, mine looks very similar. Hopefully when I get it back this time it will be fixed.
    Just got mine back without being fixed. The repair service for these tablets blows. This is the third time this has happened while I've owned it.
    suddenly i also get this problem on the entire bottom bezel - i can't swipe to get card view anymore....
    if i drive a line with a drawing app, the last row (half inch) is not drawable...
    No fix for this?
    anyone got their problem worsen over time?
    Right now the touchpad is still usable while in android mode, but it's annoying in webos (as you have to press the home button to have the card view)
    If it will get worsen, it will be impossible to use
    The problem hasn't got worsen for me, but I wonder if there is a way to restore the full functionality.
    Anyone else got this problem?
    Problem is probably either software or hardware - as opposed to both!

So you could try 'Doctoring' initially, for the former:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ions#Wifi_Only

Or perhaps fit one of these in case of the latter?

FOR HP Touchpad Touch PAD Front Panel Digitizer Glass Lens Digitizer Screen | eBay

Last edited by Mutoidi; 07/25/2013 at 11:07 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    It could be that the flat cable of your LCD panel isn't properly connected anymore. If Doctor doesn't help you might want to consider to open your Touchpad and re-fit the cables into position. I had the same problem with my TP 4G at one point in time where a part of the screen didn't respond to touches anymore. Unplugging and plugging the LCD cable sorted that!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 07/26/2013 at 02:21 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It could be that the flat cable of your LCD panel isn't properly connected anymore. If Doctor doesn't help you might want to consider to open your Touchpad and re-fit the cables into position. I had the same problem with my TP 4G at one point in time where a part of the screen didn't respond to touches anymore. Unplugging and plugging the LCD cable sorted that!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    You mean the 'LCD' screen cable - or instead perhaps the Digitiser Screen cable?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    The problem is also from Android, so it can't be a software problem

The digitizer isn't glued to the LCD?
    I can "simply" open and replace?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast