Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By scoobysnax
  • 1 Post By sineansceal
  1.    #1  
    I deleted about 8GB of music files when my TP was in USB mode connected to my mac and I got a warning there was no space left to copy files to it. The TP still shows up as having only 166mb free even though the files have disappeared from the music folder. Anyone know what's going on? Are the files still in a trash folder that I can't see? Any help would be much appreciated.
    I would suggest to check your device’s space via Internalz file browser. Mac OS handles files in a strange way, as there are also files and folders with a leading ».«, which webOS handles as invisible to the system. Maybe there are duplicated .files and .folders left …
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Try emptying the trash on your Mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Try emptying the trash on your Mac?
    That's the problem, has to do with the way mac deletes from the USB.

I know there were some threads on this long ago. I'm not a mac user, so that's the extent of my info.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If the above steps with using Internalz or Gemini2 fails, perform an erase USB data on the device.

Did the device in the past give your a notification saying "Ouch! That hurts!" ??
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Did the device in the past give your a notification saying "Ouch! That hurts!" ??
    LOL didn't think of that, another good idea. Best error message that you never want to see.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by danktuft View Post
    I deleted about 8GB of music files when my TP was in USB mode connected to my mac and I got a warning there was no space left to copy files to it. The TP still shows up as having only 166mb free even though the files have disappeared from the music folder. Anyone know what's going on? Are the files still in a trash folder that I can't see? Any help would be much appreciated.
    using the mac, you need to empty the trash folder when the touchpad is still connected, same thing for USB's etc...

the mac keeps a trash folder for each usb so there's still a record of it there until you delete it...

hope that makes sense as I'm not really an expert!
  8.    #8  
    Ah, I'll plug it back in and see if that works. I should also mention that I have Cyanogen on the device as well. I did have quite a bit of space on there though, copied a few films on for the kids in the motor, got an error saying that the TP was full so deleted the music, that's where I am now...
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the replies BTW
  10.    #10  
    Didn't work, I wonder if I'm going to have to reset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
    using the mac, you need to empty the trash folder when the touchpad is still connected, same thing for USB's etc...

the mac keeps a trash folder for each usb so there's still a record of it there until you delete it...

Thanks for this suggestion. It worked a treat. I was contemplating Doctoring my TP but decided against it after reading some of the forum articles. Happy days!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post

YAY this worked, why do they do that and not tell anyone? SHEESH. deleted so much stuff and only had 3 mb left, so confused. deleted trash and BAM 1 GB free. I love you. night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Z Z View Post
    YAY this worked, why do they do that and not tell anyone? SHEESH. deleted so much stuff and only had 3 mb left, so confused. deleted trash and BAM 1 GB free. I love you. night.
    Because a lot of times people will delete stuff and want to go through their trash before permanently deleting it. To get around it you can hold shift + delete to permanently delete anything on the spot. For Mac it's probably shift + backspace.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06