Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    TP felt very sluggish so i installed wterm and the process BrowserServer was at 80%. Did a luna restart and all was fine but what could be causing this?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Most likely a memory leak of some kind but hard to fully tell unless it is consistent to the point you catch the pattern.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Most likely a memory leak of some kind but hard to fully tell unless it is consistent to the point you catch the pattern.

Seems like the process sometimes stays alive even after I shut down the web browser but perhaps they have nothing in common?
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/16/2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Could it be that a process keeps running as long as wterm is open so even if i flick a card away the process stays alive until wterm running top is closed?

Just tried with a web-tv broadcast, closed and audio kept coming through until wterm was closed.

Still got problems now and then with BrowserServer staying alive hogging resources.
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/16/2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Could it be that a process keeps running as long as wterm is open so even if i flick a card away the process stays alive until wterm running top is closed?
    It should not be doing that. The amount BrowserServer takes depends on the websites the web app is rendering, streaming sites would spike it up and possible scenario is when your stream the site and close the app, the stream is still trying to go through keeping the BrowserServer running as result. Closing wTerm may just be waking webOS up to realize web app is closed and should also term the BrowerServer service. This is looking like a glitch in your OS.

Try this for a little bit, when you close the web app, do the slingshot close by dragging the card toward your quick launch and let it go. Have your speakers point up if you want a little fun with that and confirm its done right.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....