1.    #1  
    I have a huge selection of dvds that I want to watch on my TP. I have tried several ripping programs. but I cannot get the sounds to sync properly with the video. Also the sounds seems very quiet. My preference is to use xillsoft. Anyone have and advice for what setting to use to sync the sounds up correctly. Also when i rip the files most are 1.2 - 1.4gigs. I would love to be able to make them smaller. Then i can put more movies on my TP. Thanks
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    thanks, will check them out.
    +1 for Handbrake unfortunately it doesn't support Ubuntu 11+ yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by qlearner View Post
    I'm running Handbrake on Ubuntu 11.10
    HP -> Land Line ... Palm -> Pre2 ... HP -> TP64gb

Yes it does.

ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases

You may need some libs from medibuntu:

http://medibuntu.org/repository.php

+1 Handbrake

Edit: you may need to change the distro on the handbrake repo to natty if you are on oneiric, or use the daily repo.
    Thanks for the update. Will try today.
    i bought Cucusoft DVD Ripper + Video Converter Ultimate Suite. Always worked well for me and there is and option to change the size with a slider.
    +1 Handbrake
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    + 1. Handbrake may not be the best ripper around, but it does a decent high-quality job compressing with H.264 using the default settings. Don't ever ask a dumb question in their support forums though! They have a typical French reputation for arrogant contempt.

Buy why worry about formats? Just buy Kalemsoft Media Player (on sale for $2.99 currently). Team up with BHome as a DLNA/UPnP streaming client, and you never have to worry about what formats can be played on the TouchPad again.
    So I bought the Kalemsoft (sp?) and it says it can't get online because of my firewall and I need to enable ports 7000 and 7001....I have Norton 360. how do I do that? i can't for the life of me figure it out.

TIA!
    Chasta
    Quote Originally Posted by noodlex5 View Post
    So I bought the Kalemsoft (sp?) and it says it can't get online because of my firewall and I need to enable ports 7000 and 7001....I have Norton 360. how do I do that? i can't for the life of me figure it out.

TIA!
    Chasta
    Hi noodlex5... your post is rather off topic for this thread. Please check the Kalemsoft thread for your issue. Thanks!