webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Preware Issue - 403 error - help
Preware Issue - 403 error - help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hans109h

Old 02/15/2012, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

I am getting an...

unable to run command:/usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error with the ipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds/palm-beta/en_US/Packages.gz 2>&1 curl22) returned URL error 403

on my touchpad and it means I'm not getting any preware updates - can anyone help a non tech person resolve this please?
ildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Im not getting 403 error but getting certificate error atm with that feed, maybe related. Its a self-signed cert that may need to be manually installed since going through the web browser didn't work. Looking more into this, hopefully Rod can ping this post since its his cert.

**Update** I manually installed the cert and no more cert errors but the feed is blank.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....

Last edited by addiarmadar; 02/15/2012 at 11:28 AM.
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

The homebrew developers are upgrading the software to support the 'webOSnation' system. According to one of the thread, it will take them a little bit more time to complete the task. We just have to be patient.
qlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Another update

Im able to update the apptuckerbox feeds atm. My crappy ISP is making it hard to properly gauge this problem.

Old 02/15/2012, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

i tended to have issues typically around the time id see posts regarding dns updates/changes, but these eventually sorted themselves out over time. Only one i had to delete was my feed for touchplayer, it constantly failed and messed up the other feeds after it and needed deleting.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlearner View Post
The homebrew developers are upgrading the software to support the 'webOSnation' system. According to one of the thread, it will take them a little bit more time to complete the task. We just have to be patient.
That was for the precentral feeds. The apptuckerbox feeds don't have anything to do with webosnation site.

Old 02/19/2012, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I .may have mislead... My problem is that I always get the error above AND cannot get updates to software AND cannot see new preware apps since the last system update

help me?
ildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi, i have the same problem :

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware -H "Device-Id: b285998d9cca894dbdef93437286bddcbd392668" -H "Auth-Token: 2DCDA2988F92D80A1F4A7655F2C1776AC" --location --fail --show-error https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.3.4_all.ipk 2>&1
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403

I can't install any Apps from Preware, i always get the same error.

Any help ?

Thanks
pingenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Both errors come from App Tuckerbox. The first one can't get the feeds, the second one can't download a file from the Palm servers, with info provided by App Tuckerbox.

The HP App Catalog still works.

I disabled App Tuckerbox on Preware and use it for homebrew, and the App catalog for everything else.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pingenet
Old 01/23/2013, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's not a great solution. I have Pre3 apps that I run on my three TPs. When I have to doctor, I will not be able to load those Pre3 apps without tuckerbox working.

I will have to test tonight and then post in app tuckerbox thread if its still not working.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi,

I had a problem with Kindle app so I did delete it. Later on I've tried to install it again and then got the error
curl 22 the requested URL returned error 403.
I've deleted files in order to have space 8,6GB free space.
I've launched App Tucker/deregister/register then update preware feed. I can see Catalog configured for US (I'm in France).
I can search in Preware for the Kindle but I can't install it.
Trankiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 01:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Has anyone solved this problem yet? I recently swapped my sprint radio that was in my unlocked Pre 2 into a Verizon Pre 2 and since then haven't been able to get past the 403 authorization error. I've tried deregistering, but with no sucess.

When I made the phone swap I did use save/restore to restore my preware settings and I wonder if this might have wrote some bad information somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hans
hans109h is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by beez276 likes this.
Old 02/21/2013, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm going to guess your device ID no longer matches what's on your profile. For phones it's the IMEI, and I presume the IMEI is tied to the radio. Does any of your other services, such as App Catalog and backups work?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Proximity
Old 02/21/2013, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Due to the 403-error with the apptuckerbox-feeds, I have been able to install the Kindle-app by changing my AppCatalog country to US. Follow the information in GMMan's signature.

Thank you GMMan for this great tweak to webOS.

Cheers,
Proximity

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Proximity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rod explains it here:
App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices
Something has changed on HP's side, and he is unable to devote time to it now.
Old 02/22/2013, 09:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Hello again GMMan,

I should have mentioned that I only get the error when trying to download incompatible apps. Yes backup and app catalog works as expected.

Hans

Last edited by hans109h; 02/25/2013 at 09:16 AM.
hans109h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
preware error, touchpad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0