Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi all, I'm looking for a WebOS app to play videos I put on my Touchpad at faster speeds. Such as 1.2, 1.4, 1.6x speed. I have lectures I'd like to listen too and playing them at 1.6x speed makes the whole process go faster. Thanks.
    I do not believe there is an app that would do this at this time.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    must be weird listening to lectures that sound like their given by alvin and the chipmunks.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llee8820 View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking for a WebOS app to play videos I put on my Touchpad at faster speeds. Such as 1.2, 1.4, 1.6x speed. I have lectures I'd like to listen too and playing them at 1.6x speed makes the whole process go faster. Thanks.
    I do that, too. Not only lectures, but most movies are completely comprehensible at significantly faster speeds. I use an old version of WinDVD on my Windows PC, which scales back the audio frequencies to compensate for the increased speed, so the pitch sounds normal, only faster. A webOS version of this would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    must be weird listening to lectures that sound like their given by alvin and the chipmunks.
    Learning must be entertaining to keep attention
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by llee8820 View Post
    Mplayer, the mediaplayer app that TouchPlayer uses should be able to do that. I don't recall that the graphical interface is really built for it yet, so it would involve running it from the commandline with some switches.