1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. As you can see this is my first post, sorry that it is not in the new members section. Im not very knowledgable about this stuff I just know enough to get by so I dont see my self posting here much but more soaking in the information and using it.

Now on to the Question: I downloaded an E book torrent. I dont use Amazon kindle as I am not a big reader. Ive tried dragging and dropping the books file into my Hp Touchpad but not matter where I place the the files I can not find them. So what do I have to do to get this file to show up on my touchpad?

When I am problem solving I like to think ahead which brought me to my second question: I probably need some sort of app to open and view the book so what do I do about that?

Now this may be my first post but this is not my first time joining a forum. In most of the other forums I am apart of a thread like this would typically have a response of "search noob" or different variations of that general statement. I have done some searching, and I will admit Im not the best at searching, but I did search and wasnt able to find anything that helped me out with these specific files. As far as my second question I did find a thread where someone mentioned a doc viewer called CSpotRun. I have downloaded this as well but have not been able to get this to show up on my Touchpad either.

A little about my touchpad in case this may effect anything:
    I have the 32GB touchpad, it is currently updated to the most recent OS update. I also am running Cyanogen mod 7.1. I am not rooted.

Any help is appreciated, I am not asking for the answers to be given to me (although it is greatly appreciated ) a push or hell even a nudge in the right direction is all I am asking.

Thanks in advance,
    Kyle
    There is a Kindle app available and this http://www.webosnation.com/kindle-import will help you get books into it.
    preader native. Or convert with calibre and use kindle import. What format are yr books?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Kindle Import works, but it's a bit convoluted. You might want to just use Calibre (on your PC) to convert the e-books to either pdf or html format to read with the TouchPad native apps.
  5.    #5  
    Hey thanks a lot all of you that replied.
    I attached a screen shot of the books files that were downloaded.
    as you can see theres a JPEG File for the cover then 3 others. an EPUB, MOBI, and OPF.

I have the kindle app on my Touch Pad but Im not much of a reader, so I havent used it. from the screen shot shown, Which files would I be converting?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the Mobi youcould drop right in with kindle import. Preader would read the epub and the mobi not surebout opf. Get calibre on your pc google some unofficial plugins if necessary and figure out how to install kindle Import. Just search and follow directions. Quickest is try preader out drop books in via USB install and try it. Kindle does look prettier.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchmePlease View Post
    Hey thanks a lot all of you that replied.
    I attached a screen shot of the books files that were downloaded.
    as you can see theres a JPEG File for the cover then 3 others. an EPUB, MOBI, and OPF.

I have the kindle app on my Touch Pad but Im not much of a reader, so I havent used it. from the screen shot shown, Which files would I be converting?
    TouchmePlease: Mitnick's book is a pretty interesting read, so hope you get it converted.