Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By e-gadget-guy
  1.    #1  
    When I watch certain online streaming videos the audio and video will be out of sync. Happened just now watching a video over at realclearpolitics. However this never happens with amazon prime which is always perfect. Any thought?
    My current ISP is too crappy to do streams to try this Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies from the touchpad? Reboot? Power cycle router/modem? Let us know of what you have already done so far.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    When I watch certain online streaming videos the audio and video will be out of sync. Happened just now watching a video over at realclearpolitics. However this never happens with amazon prime which is always perfect. Any thought?
    There are several things that can cause this. When video is converted, the audio can be in several bitrates. For instance, if the audio was recorded at 44.1 kHz and the conversion is at 48 kHz, the audio will lag on playback. Other things that can cause it are related to internet or CPU lag. Depending on driver issues, CPU load and audio drivers. It all comes down to what is the cause, and how do you fix it. There may not be any help if the codec is incompatible with the device or some driver that it is accessing.

a solution may be as easy as downloading the file locally, then playing it.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    I find one video providing quite nice solution to . You may watch it to see if it can be helpful.
    I have had the same issue with tvcatchup.com in the UK since launch day on the touchpad and never found a solution. In full screen mode its slightly better, but still lags. Its annoying, just not quite annoying enough to make me boot to android to watch
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    I have had the same issue with tvcatchup.com in the UK since launch day on the touchpad and never found a solution. In full screen mode its slightly better, but still lags. Its annoying, just not quite annoying enough to make me boot to android to watch
    which is weird as when i do the same on the pre3 its far better, maybe because the stream on the pre3 runs via media player and not the browser like the touchpad.

also even on apple/google products tvcatchup of late hasnt been very stellar, often cutting out and prompting you to "retry" so much i give up and jump to netflix.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I find that tvcatchup works better on ios devices through the browser than the available app. And I only use that for the tv out functionality to my projector..if my touchpad could do it, i'd use that instead
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3