1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice this? Open this forum in your TP browser. Click Search. The search box appears. Click in the text box. Your keyboard will pop-up - and then the search box disappears!

So I can be forgiven for not searching before posting, right?!!!
    This is a bug with the TouchPad.

On your computer if you click search and the box appears then you click anywhere outside of where that search box is the search field disappears. This is intended behavior as the software believes you don't really want to search if you are not clicking in the search box.

On your Touchpad when you click search and then tap in the box the keyboard pops up, the action of the keyboard popping up is acting like another "action" outside of where the search box is and the software believes you don't really want to search.

That is of course my believe and understanding of the bug, with that being the case we have two choices. We can wait for an official update from HP to address the issue in a possible future webOS update, or the software on the website has to change basically not allowing the search box to close without you deliberately doing so.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    I would agree, the action of the keyboard popping up shouldn't result in data transmission from the browser to the website.

Can we really expect HP to address bugs in these discontinued products with any speed, if at all? Probably quicker to modify the website.
    You're exactly right HardBeatZ. If you use the Bluetooth keyboard, it doesn't do that because the vkb does not pop up and cause the textbox to close.
    I've noticed this but I just click search, then advanced search and use that one

honestly it works better for how I search anyway
  6.    #6  
    Any way to lock the keyboard so it stays put and therefore eliminates the popping up problem?
    it could be patched to allow that, but I think the act of typing on it would still cause the same effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    I've noticed this but I just click search, then advanced search and use that one

That's what do, great minds think alike?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You can also tap and hold on search and then select Open in New Card on the default browser or Open in New Tab if using the Advanced Browser.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post

Here's my big gripe about this: it also affects the 'search this thread' input box, and sometimes that's the only way to find something. It takes a lot of extra time to click that and wait for the search page to come up, and make sure it's only searching the thread you were looking at, etc. Would just be real nice if they could figure out a way to trap that event when the keyboard gets focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHouseman View Post
    Any way to lock the keyboard so it stays put and therefore eliminates the popping up problem?
    There is a patch for that at http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...n-browser.html hope that helps some.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    There is a patch for that at http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...n-browser.html hope that helps some.
    Thanks, that works perfectly! Just toggle the keyboard on before selecting the dropdown menu, and when you click in the search field, it does not go away and you are free to enter your search. This needs to be on the front page as a tip! Glad to finally be able to use the thread search from my Touchpad when I'm not near my BT keyboard.