1.    #1  
    After canceling an auto upgrade of webos right at the beginning I started having a Battery Icon w/ Question Mark screen. After a few tries to see if I could put it into usb mode it ran out and died.
    Bought a touchpad to see if it would charge but nothing happens. not even with the original charger.

Tried all key combinations but with no result.

contacted HP for repair but they returned it to me because it has american SN. contacted HP in america and they will provide the repair but only from an american address.

It will cost me a lot to send it to and back from america so I'm just wondering if is there a way to "reprogram the battery" (like the hp guy said) myself without the need to send it to america?
    Even if it involves opening it and doing a few things I can manage. Or do they need to flash a ROM back with some special machine for this to get back to work.

Any insider help would be great.
    Thanks.
    The A6 chip controls detection of the battery, to which is your problem, and this requires special equipment to reflash the firmware of that chip. If you do decide to pop open the device, could check the flex cable for the battery to make sure it is properly connected to the mainboard. Otherwise let the device completely die out over a few days and then try again is my best suggestion here
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    You mean you bought a TouchSTONE to see if it would charge?
    People have had success with getting life (very slowly.. over a few days) back into 'dead' batts this way, yes.

Then Doctor it to the latest UPgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    People have had success with getting life (very slowly.. over a few days) back into 'dead' batts this way, yes.

Well now mentioning the touchstone, yes I've had luck in the past waking dead touchpads up with them when it wont accept the USB charger.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I've tried the below approaches...

First I held the center button and Power button for about 30+ seconds to see if it re boots. Apparently, it did not.

Then I held the Power button and hit the center button 15 to 25 times. Nothing happened.

Finally I took the Power console, turned and took out the top portion. Then put it back on and turned it until it made a click or a soft 'cluck' which indicated it is locked. Connected the Touchpad to the power cord.

BANG - I can see a small faint with light going between left and right indicating it was getting charged. Since the battery was completely drained, it took almost 15 minutes for the screen to light up and display the charging logo.

I am not sure which one of the above steps worked for me, but they did.

So good luck.
  6.    #6  

well I wanted a touchstone for a decent price but it wasn't a priority. Once I bricked the touchpad I decided to go for a "deal" that was around at the time just to see If it would come back from the dead.
  7.    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The A6 chip controls detection of the battery, to which is your problem, and this requires special equipment to reflash the firmware of that chip. If you do decide to pop open the device, could check the flex cable for the battery to make sure it is properly connected to the mainboard. Otherwise let the device completely die out over a few days and then try again is my best suggestion here
    Does that mean that if I open ir up and remove the battery it won't boot at all?
    I canceled (don't ask) an update of the latest webos. Do you think that that corrupted the flash inside the battery or some controller of the kind and that makes it impossible to be recovered (without the help of hp and theirs reflashers)?

Got it in the touchstone for the weekend and no flashing home button...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VizagDude View Post
    I've tried the below approaches...

First I held the center button and Power button for about 30+ seconds to see if it re boots. Apparently, it did not.

Then I held the Power button and hit the center button 15 to 25 times. Nothing happened.

Finally I took the Power console, turned and took out the top portion. Then put it back on and turned it until it made a click or a soft 'cluck' which indicated it is locked. Connected the Touchpad to the power cord.

BANG - I can see a small faint with light going between left and right indicating it was getting charged. Since the battery was completely drained, it took almost 15 minutes for the screen to light up and display the charging logo.

I am not sure which one of the above steps worked for me, but they did.

So good luck.
    yup...did all that with no response. Thanks anyway.