1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I recently got a refurbished touchpad and seem to be having an issue with the microphone volume. The volume of the microphone is very low. I tried using it with skype and the person on the other end said he could barely hear me (and that was with me basically speaking directly into the microphone hole) I got a voice recorder app and still the same issue - I'm barely audible. Could this be a software or hardware issue? I did install preware and a few patches and apps, but none of them had anything to do with sound. Is there anything I can do to increase the mic volume? Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping that I don't have to rma the tablet.
    I have a 2 month old hp touchpad, the mic worked when first purchased. Now I added preware upgraded to 3,0.5 and used the voice recorder app also, the volume is very low. If I shout or whistle into the mic and hold the pad to my ear I can barely hear the return volume. I also want to use skype. Need help and advice. I removed voice recorder and tried skype still no mic volume.
    Hank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedhawk View Post
    I have a 2 month old hp touchpad, the mic worked when first purchased. Now I added preware upgraded to 3,0.5 and used the voice recorder app also, the volume is very low. If I shout or whistle into the mic and hold the pad to my ear I can barely hear the return volume. I also want to use skype. Need help and advice. I removed voice recorder and tried skype still no mic volume.
    Hank
    Are you saying this only happened until after you updated to 3.0.5 and added preware and it's a software issue? In that case I don't think I would have to rma my touchpad.