webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP TouchPad won't turn on or charge.
HP TouchPad won't turn on or charge.
Like Tree13Likes

Old 12/30/2012, 09:09 AM   #81 (permalink)

Because the touchpad battery protector board was locked... Must be unlock it and adjust it to 0 working times.Let touchpad think it is a brand new battery....(95% battery problem unless do something into maiboard).
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 02:21 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
Because the touchpad battery protector board was locked... Must be unlock it and adjust it to 0 working times.Let touchpad think it is a brand new battery....(95% battery problem unless do something into maiboard).
OK .. let me understand this last solution.. So..are you saying the "batter protector board" inside the TP is protecting itself?? And by unprotecting it( meaning let it Drain completely to where even the charging symbols of the battery and plug into power" dont even show up on the screen.. then plug it in??
I ask this because I am in the process of trying this exact option because nothing else on this thread has worked for me and I am in Saudi Arabia stuck with my white TP near the trash can bout to jump into it! hehe

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEARS!! btw... I have lost track of time here in this gorgeous country
T4H_KiserSose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 11:44 PM   #83 (permalink)

Here..the other threads http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...z-3g-evt4.html
Old 01/02/2013, 07:00 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
OK .. let me understand this last solution.. So..are you saying the "batter protector board" inside the TP is protecting itself?? And by unprotecting it( meaning let it Drain completely to where even the charging symbols of the battery and plug into power" dont even show up on the screen.. then plug it in??
I ask this because I am in the process of trying this exact option because nothing else on this thread has worked for me and I am in Saudi Arabia stuck with my white TP near the trash can bout to jump into it! hehe

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEARS!! btw... I have lost track of time here in this gorgeous country
be sure to check out this thread. many stuck/bricked TP's were salvaged recently : TPDebrick v0.1 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki - Page 43
EasyPulse - free HR calculator
cyberprashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by con500 likes this.
Old 01/21/2013, 07:17 PM   #85 (permalink)

When I plug my TP to charge, the home button blinks left to right but have tried every type of button combinations and nothing works. Any suggestions?
pdean5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 07:34 PM   #86 (permalink)

Just wait it out. Eventually it'll charge enough to give you the red battery screen, then start booting once it has enough power.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by con500 likes this.
Old 01/23/2013, 08:23 PM   #87 (permalink)

Okay now the battery is showing with question mark inside it, is this good, bad, or ugly?
Old 01/23/2013, 08:42 PM   #88 (permalink)

Bad, possibly ugly. It indicates the main board can't communicate properly to your battery.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 09:40 PM   #89 (permalink)

Yes. GMMan is right. I can prove it. when I fixed the dead touchpads with a working battery . Take out old battery from dead touchpad and insert in a working touchpad. some battery can be charging immediately. But some battery still doesn't charging in the working touchpad. Need to fix and adjust it by computer.
Old 01/24/2013, 12:59 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Bad, possibly ugly. It indicates the main board can't communicate properly to your battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdean5 View Post
Okay now the battery is showing with question mark inside it, is this good, bad, or ugly?

Not as Ugly as you may think. Your A6 needs a reflash to remedy the question mark issue...If you are familiar with Linux then the fix is here at this link from @cyberphants above post http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36658-tpd.../page__st__420 from what I gather it is reasonably straight forward if you follow the instructions from jcsullins. The battery question mark issue and instructions are accessible from around page 32 on the thread.

@Gmman is correct, there has been a communication failure between the a6 and the battery. The above method will basically reset and allow a new communication to be established. There is no need to swap out batteries or break open your TP for this fix

Happy Flashing

Edit: here appears to be a direct link to JCs instructions. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36658-tpd...0#entry1065574

Hope it helps.

Last edited by con500; 01/24/2013 at 02:19 AM.
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 07:16 PM   #91 (permalink)

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I am no where as technologically advanced to do that list so I will no longer buy any hp product. Thank you though.
Old 02/09/2013, 12:56 PM   #92 (permalink)

I had a similar issue with my TP today. It was sitting on the 'stone charger, when I picked it up it was dead. This wouldn't be the first time I didn't put my TP on the 'stone 'just so'. Plugged it in via AC/USB and got the dead battery symbol.
Here's the steps I took to get mine started again.
1. Tried my other AC power adapter.
2. Left it sit for about 30 mins on the AC Power charger. Still just the low battery symbol.
3. Reset the TP a total of 3 times while plugged in to the AC adapter.
4. Unscrewed the AC adapter (the prong end) by turning it counter-clockwise, then put it back together to reseat the connections.
5. plugged the AC charger back into the wall.

About 60 - 90 seconds of plugging the AC charger back into the wall, my TP booted up automatically.
Weird thing is, the battery is showing a full charge...
Not exactly sure what happened here, put it works again.
ole1kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 05:08 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole1kanobe View Post
I had a similar issue with my TP today. It was sitting on the 'stone charger, when I picked it up it was dead. This wouldn't be the first time I didn't put my TP on the 'stone 'just so'. Plugged it in via AC/USB and got the dead battery symbol.
Here's the steps I took to get mine started again.
1. Tried my other AC power adapter.
2. Left it sit for about 30 mins on the AC Power charger. Still just the low battery symbol.
3. Reset the TP a total of 3 times while plugged in to the AC adapter.
4. Unscrewed the AC adapter (the prong end) by turning it counter-clockwise, then put it back together to reseat the connections.
5. plugged the AC charger back into the wall.

About 60 - 90 seconds of plugging the AC charger back into the wall, my TP booted up automatically.
Weird thing is, the battery is showing a full charge...
Not exactly sure what happened here, put it works again.
l kept having same problem. Bought a new charger on Amazon for about $5.00, no problems now.
jdliddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 06:30 AM   #94 (permalink)

This morning my TP seemed dead aswell, after being on the touchstone for a couple of days (though without having it plugged in). I have put it on there after switching the TP off first, i just love the look of the TP on the touchstone with my wireless keyboard in front of it..
So this morning i picked it up from the touchstone and it did not turn on, did not charge when plugging in the TS charger, nor did it start up when i connected the normal wallcharger and via usb to the computer.
I did leave it charging in all steps for atleast 20min, but it would start up. After a while i tried the home + power button combo for 15secs, and VOILA it powered up!

Ofcourse my problem wasnt as bad as some experienced earlier in this thread (no question marks or whatever), but it might help some others that are having 'just a dead TP' like i did. Hope it helps!
g.vos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 11:05 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
For a little over a dollar you can replace the mini USB cord and have a live Touchpad again -

Amazon.com: Samsung Replacement USB Data Charging Cable for Samsung SPH-M330, SCH-R100, SGH-T939, and SCH-R850: Cell Phones & Accessories

I discovered this by reading the Amazon review for the stock HP Touchpad charger. Multiple people besides myself have found success going this route. You can check the discussion here -

Amazon.com: BOB's review of HP North American Power Charger for HP Tou...
If you have an Amazon Kindle you can also use that usb cord.
fencible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 11:08 AM   #96 (permalink)

I am having to join the fray it seems. I have a 16gb Touchpad that is dead, totally. It was just about fully charged when I placed it on the Touchstone last night. (It's in a regular touchpad case) A couple of times it has discharged overnight and I attribute that to not having placed it properly on the Touchstone. When that happened, the reported button holds and pushes have worked. Now, nothing works.

I have also tried the original charger via the USB port (have 2 of them) and other 5v chargers with no luck. All has been tryed after removing the HP Touchpad case I had on it.

Totally dead. I'm not computer litterite to any degree and I'm too old to learn Is there any hope for this touchpad? I got this with the HP sellout program.

Any suggestions? I'd hate to send it to someone with my p/words on it.

Thanks for any help you can offer and also for the many posts and assistance you have provided to others.

Dave
Old 02/17/2013, 10:43 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Just wait it out. Eventually it'll charge enough to give you the red battery screen, then start booting once it has enough power.

GMMan speaks the truth: wait it out.

But, here is my story on my dead Touchpad: I placed a working Touchpad on the Touchstone charger, probably didn't set it just right, and in the morning, it was stone dead.

I have had a dead battery before and usually the button pressing ad infinitum worked eventually to get it going. Not this time. No white lines on the home button, no reaction whatever to whatever I tried sucking down ideas from many forums. One forum that will go un-named had this answer to a question I asked: "What is it about "this thread is dead" that you don't understand?".

So I made a mistake super geek, sorry that you feel you need to jump on innocent posters. People like that hide behind their keyboards but would never say that to your face.. I would like to have them say it to my face..

Anyway folks, here's how I got my HP Touchpad working: I got an underpowered USB charger around 800ma compared to the Touchpad's 2a charger. I left in plugged into that overnight, and I also went one step further to assure me that the problem wasn't the charging cord--I used the charging cord from my Amazon Kindle in place of the Touchpad one.

Well, in the morning I had the flashing left to right white light on the home button. I then did the "hold down the home and power button" for around 30 seconds, and then the charging symbol with a red line under it came up on the screen. I then plugged the Touchpad into the regular 2a HP charger and within 3 hours or so it shows fully charged and works like new.

Anyway, many thanks to the folks in this forum who go out of their way to help others without being smart-*****, no matter how much respect they feel they should be given.

Dave
Old 02/22/2013, 08:12 AM   #98 (permalink)

thanks for this. it seemed to be my problem, I was really worried!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
Check to make sure that the part that goes into the wall is not loose. Its really an assembly which can be unscrewed.
Jean Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2013, 04:20 AM   #99 (permalink)

Recently I also had the no charging problem with my touchpad. It occured when it was sitting on the touchstone - but accidently I unplugged it for a week.

After this it didnt charge on the touchstone or on the original 2 Ampere cable charger (which was working for the pre 3). I also tried my pre plus charger (1 ampere), nothing. No button combination did anything, over usb th TP identified as a gobi wireless modem which was also shown in that qualcom ARM SOC windows flash tool mentioned here and in other threads.

After some weeks a gave it another try, and started to charge with my kindle 3 charger which only provides 0.8 ampere, something the TP would refuse to use under normal circumstances, but: after half an hour the screen lit up showing the message about the wrong charger, now I could switch to the original charger and within the next hour the TP had booted and continued charging.

So it seems (in my case) the solution was to use an _underpowered_ charger! Even below 1 ampere!
4lge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2013, 07:50 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lge View Post

After some weeks a gave it another try, and started to charge with my kindle 3 charger which only provides 0.8 ampere, something the TP would refuse to use under normal circumstances, but: after half an hour the screen lit up showing the message about the wrong charger, now I could switch to the original charger and within the next hour the TP had booted and continued charging.

So it seems (in my case) the solution was to use an _underpowered_ charger! Even below 1 ampere!

Or is it that the 'solution' was actually to leave it to completely and utterly discharge first?
Is it not likely that any amperage charger would then also have 'worked'?

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp touch pad, not turning on, won't charge

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0