Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    Good idea : I also have a 32 GB TP. Do you think that putting in the 64 GB motherboard would be a safe way to test ?
    Any playing within electronics has a fair amount of risk... and at the risk of messing a perfectly working machine.. well.. it's a personal choice

Yes "fastboot mode not found". Reading the tpdebrick scripts, I can see that this error can occur if the program doesn't find the right USB address to fastboot. And lsusb doesn't return any specific address for the touchpad after the first flash cycle
    I know with when my Touchpad was dead, plugging it in would result in the computer "seeing" it if I held down the power and home button (possibly the volume up or down one too).. it wouldn't load, but just try to install the drives (and fail). That was enough to tell me that something was still "alive" in the Touchpad and the USB was connecting... so try and see if you an get at least something.

It's not exactly the same ubuntu version : 13.04 64 bits. Did't have any problem installing fastboot and cli tools from ubuntu software center. Would the difference be so important ?
    I tried 3 versions of Ubuntu before I got one that worked... could have been my lack of experience and such, and again, getting that fastboot tool was hell for me, and once I got it, it still took a few tries to get all the planets in alignment and see the process working...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I would like to thank imfallen_angel. Your instructions gave me hope that I could revive the touchpad that has been collecting dust for the last 8 months. Unfortunately I am having the same issue as lc_lol after running a few scripts I get the "waiting for fastboot, fastboot not found, aborted." A search of the tpdebrick pages comes up with others who have to same problem but no solutions. I found one Youtube video that debricks without the tpdebrick program but I am not technical enough to attempt this myself.

http://www.souldevteam.net/blog/2012...cked-touchpad/

lc_lol - please keep us posted if you have any luck getting passed the "waiting for fastboot, fastboot not found, aborted."
    Last edited by Not_There_Yet; 02/25/2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_There_Yet View Post
    lc_lol - please keep us posted if you have any luck getting passed the "waiting for fastboot, fastboot not found, aborted."
    Sorry I've not had the time to try yet, my work is killing me ! But I'll give you feedback as soon as possible. Can you post the video link ? I may give it a try too
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok I have the same issue I have 2 tp one 16 one 32 the 32 will not charge. When I plug it into a comp it is detected and makes the usb connection sound but doesn't do anything. It died and was left in a car during cold weather so I am assuming that it completely drained. Any suggestions on what to try?

I have checked all chargers with other tp and they work great. Pressing no combinations of buttons gets results. Open to any suggestions. It has been on a charger and plugged into a computer for a few hours.

Let me know what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok I have the same issue I have 2 tp one 16 one 32 the 32 will not charge. When I plug it into a comp it is detected and makes the usb connection sound but doesn't do anything. It died and was left in a car during cold weather so I am assuming that it completely drained. Any suggestions on what to try?

I have checked all chargers with other tp and they work great. Pressing no combinations of buttons gets results. Open to any suggestions. It has been on a charger and plugged into a computer for a few hours.

This is what I think I think!

Has anyone ever decided just WHAT the flashing white LEDs in the Home Button actually do - or indicate?

This may be a clue::
    I just now fitted a completely 'dead' (ie. fully and totally and utterly discharged - sitting in a cupboard on it's own for a year +) battery to a TP to see what happened.
    Nothing happened.
    I then plugged the charger in.
    Nothing happened.
    I then pressed Power and Volume Up buttons for a couple of minutes.
    Nothing happened.
    Then after another mnute or so of pressing, the Home Button LEDs started flashing left to right.
    I stopped pressing Power & Vol Up momentarily and then pressed them again.
    The LEDs flashed in unison.
    I repeated the process.
    The process repeated.
    I stopped pressing both buttons.
    I unplugged the charger.
    Then I pressed only the Power button.
    After 15 secs I got the Plug & Cable symbol ('charge me') on the screen.
    I plugged the USB charger back in and then got the Battery-with-the-red-line symbol ('me flat, but charging') on the screen.
    5 mins later, the device re-booted ro webOS as per normal and is now also charging normally!

I hope that's clear.

Is it likely that the flashing LEDs indicate that the A6 Power chip is actually re-reading the battery status (chip?) and 'remembering' that it actually needs to be charged?

Is it possible that pressing Power & Vol Up buttons 'forces' this 'BIOS' re-read ~ once there is a small but sufficient enough amount of juice in the battery to power the process?

We have had issues before with batteries being SO flat that the power system appears to 'forget' that it is even a power system!
    (The 'other' solution to that has thus far been to leave the device on a trickle charge (PC USB etc) for hours or even days - until suddenly it all comes 'miraculously' back to life of it's own accord!).

Hhmm..I wonder? Please see if you can repeat this process anyway.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/24/2014 at 10:20 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

First try to charge it with a lower power USB charger (500mA=old smartphone or 1mA=Pre Phone or PC-USB) for several hours this could help. If not, mine just returned after setting it to low power mode:
    How I Revived My Dead TouchPad

But there are some other charging options mentioned in that thread:
    How I Revived My Dead TouchPad

Last resort is outside TP charging of battery or changing battery, but try the easy options first and hold-on and try serveral solutions before giving up and opening the TP.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok trying the low voltage method now. Nothing came up but plugged it in my computer to see if it may happen. When I plugged it I got this when trying to install USB drivers. QHSUSB_Dload driver not found

Any ideas on that?
    Ok trying the low voltage method now. Nothing came up but plugged it in my computer to see if it may happen. When I plugged it I got this when trying to install USB drivers. QHSUSB_Dload driver not found

Any ideas on that?
    Same Voltage ~ but lower Amps. If you choose to continue to try that method, be prepared to leave it on trickle charge for hours/days before expecting anything to 'happen'.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have the tp wall charger at my desk should I put it on that?

I can't get the blinking lights or the battery screen to come up.

Do I just keep it on a charger and go from there?
    Last edited by pchrist; 02/24/2014 at 12:41 PM.
    No, don't use the TP charger as that 2.1 amps and you need to use one around 500-1000Ma. Look at your phone charger and see what it's rated and if it's in the above range, plug it in and try and forget about it as said above it may take a little while. Once you see the home button blinking and the screen is awake again complaining of low battery, connect it to your TP charger and you should be back in business.

I
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok it's been plugged in to a charger at 1.0a over night with no change. What is my next step?

FYI I don't want to open it up!!!!
    Sorry I've not had the time to try yet, my work is killing me ! But I'll give you feedback as soon as possible. Can you post the video link ? I may give it a try too
    lc_lol this has a little more info than just the youtube video.

Fix Bricked HP TouchPad - Recovering Software Bricked TouchPad
    Ok it's been plugged in to a charger at 1.0a over night with no change. What is my next step?

FYI I don't want to open it up!!!!
    have you read the thread i linked above? there are several options mentioned.
    You may need to wait longer than one night!

I left mine in a cupboard for 6 months. Then decided to charge it normally and battery symbol with red bar at bottom appeared . I suspect all the power from cells and boards had depleted to the extent it was able to be charged and recognised the TP battery once again.
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 02/26/2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: remove ambiguous element
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    you let it on a charger for 6 months?
    you let it on a charger for 6 months?
    LOL!
    No, he left it inside a drawer just sitting there (without charging it) for 6 months. 😜

Sent From The Pegassus Galaxy With My GS4
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    tried the unplugging and plugging last night to no avail still on the charger nothing happening. When I hold the power and home button while it's plugged in after a few moments the usb sound from computer comes on like it turned off then on. So it's alive a lil bit at least to the point the computer sees it and the buttons are functioning.
    tried the unplugging and plugging last night to no avail still on the charger nothing happening. When I hold the power and home button while it's plugged in after a few moments the usb sound from computer comes on like it turned off then on. So it's alive a lil bit at least to the point the computer sees it and the buttons are functioning.
    Which is described on the other threads, in detail.

It's time to consider TPDebricking time.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I am thinking I need to do this tonight. The UBUNTO can be run off of a jump drive or a cd correct I Don't need to install on a partition do I?
    Is there a particular reason for the impatience?

Leave it in a cupboard (not on charge) for a few months.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast