Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Update: I had my TP on the Touchstone charger with a clock running. The other morning, I notice the clock read 00:00 and thought huh, I should look into that. That evening, I took it off the cradle. There was no response to anything I did. The screen was on, but frozen. It showed a full battery and 4 bars of wifi, an usual. I pressed and held the power button. After about 5 seconds, the screen went off, and it was dead.

I ran through the steps I mentioned here, but they didn't work. I now have it on a low power charger, 180 mA. I try to revive it again in a week or so and report.

Quote Originally Posted by tjgriffin View Post
    I'd like to add two other procedures I read about on other threads. I got mine back in service after being dead for about 11 months using the first method. I have't tried the other. During those 11 months, I tied everything, power & vol+, power & home, power & home & vol+, pressing power 10, 20, 50 time. trickle charging, full charging, charging on computer, and many combinations. My wife started bugging me to get rid of it.

#1: Unplug the TP from the wall charger, leaving the cable plugged into the charger. Press and hold the vol+ button without pressing any other button. Plug the cable into the TP. Release the vol+ button.

I did this after it had been on the wall charger undisturbed for several weeks It took me several tries. I tied different delays releasing the vol+; less than a sec, about a second, 5 sec, and maybe 10 sec after plugging the TP in. Nothing. I was ready to give up, but tied once more. The home button started blinking! I didn't note how long I delayed releasing vol+. After about six hours, I got the big red low battery icon. In the morning it was showing the lock screen.

I did kill the battery again by putting on a TS that was not plugged in. I tied this trick again with no success. So I left it on the charger and a few hours later the red low battery icon appeared. It's been working ever since. It may not have worked because the battery wasn't hyper-depleted. I don't know.

If it doesn't work, don't give up. Try many times! When the power button blinks, it IS charging!

#2: I didn't get to try this, and I hope I never do: Plug the wall charger into the wall without a cable. Set the TP up to charge on a computer using a powered USB port. Make sure the wall charger and computer or close together. Let it sit for "awhile," maybe an hour or so. Move the USB cable from the computer to the wall charger as quickly as possible. I don't know how long to let it sit, so if it doesn't work, try different times.

I hope this helps someone.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I wouldn't believe this if it didn't happen to me.

I was having the same issue with my TouchPad being completely dead and not accepting a charge.

I tried with the original charger, the touchstone and a normal cell phone charger. I even started calling around to see if there was anyone who had a charger who would pop the battery out and put a charge on it.

I read in one of these forums of someone who left their TouchPad plugged in for about a week and it started working so I plugged it in to the original charger for 3-4 days with no success.
    I decided to try the touchstone again, took off the protective case and put the TouchPad on the touchstone.

After 3-4 days, the red battery symbol came on around midnight one night. It was completely charged by the time I woke up in the morning.

I couldn't believe that it took 1-2 weeks of charging before it actually got to the point where it started working again. After about a week it seems to be working normally.

The moral of this story - don't give up. I had started searching for a new tablet but now I don't have to shell out the extra bucks. I've had this TouchPad running CM9 for years and it still does everything I need.
    My TouchPad wasn't turning on at all, on the TouchStone or two different chargers with two different cables. I let it sit for a day on each charger unsuccessfully. Finally I tried the seemingly-ridiculous suggestion in this thread of twisting the charger to "reset" it and...the TouchPad powered up within seconds! I had written off that suggestion since I was using multiple known-good chargers, but it's apparently worth a try.
  4. eqr
    Not giving up worked for me too. Took several days before the latest Go took a charge. Working fine ever since.
    I've managed to get a TP64 but unfortunatley it doesn't start Nothing happens when trying to switch it on.

After weeks of trying different methods without any sign of life (button combinations/charger twitch/touchstone/low charger/USB ports, battery change with a brand new one, etc... Everytime leaving the touchpad plugged for days), I've tried the brutal method yesterday, opening another (working) touchpad I had fully charged and pluging its battery into the non-working TP64. Nothing happened

So it appears the battery's not the problem. Putting it back to the TP where it came from, it worked again.

Has anyone an opinion on this ? Should I try tpdeblock ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    I've managed to get a TP64 but unfortunatley it doesn't start Nothing happens when trying to switch it on.

After weeks of trying different methods without any sign of life (button combinations/charger twitch/touchstone/low charger/USB ports, battery change with a brand new one, etc... Everytime leaving the touchpad plugged for days), I've tried the brutal method yesterday, opening another (working) touchpad I had fully charged and pluging its battery into the non-working TP64. Nothing happened

So it appears the battery's not the problem. Putting it back to the TP where it came from, it worked again.

Thanks
    Is it a regular 10" TouchPad or a TouchPad Go?

You might be able to use TPDebrick. When you connect your TouchPad to a PC/Laptop using USB cable and hold the buttons for a while, it should go into a special download mode. In case that works you might have success with TPDebrick
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

Thanks
    What do you have left to lose?

The only question I'd ask... wll TPDebrick would on the chipset that the 64GB model has?

For TP Debrick, I've done a thread with full instructions and working link as the original instructions were missing a step or two and the link for the download was dead.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Thank you all, I won't have the time needed to try tonight, but it'll be possible in the next days. To be followed ...
    Hi again !

Stuck at "fastboot mode not found". I'm gonna try and try again.

I'm a bit worried because it doesn't seem to work, and I fear I may have damaged the screen cable when I unplugged it. For unknown reasons, it was sticked to other cables on my TP32, and now the socket doesn't look good

I know... I'm really some kind of amateur...
    No way beyond "fastboot mode not found" If anybody's got an idea...
    my touch pad will not charge in Android mode it does charge in web os, any ideas on what to do while in Android?
    Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts
    Looks like mine is having alot of the same issues reported here. What complicates this is the microUSB port is damaged as prior to it not turning on, the adapter has to be plugged in on an angle for the TP to recognize the charge.
    Visitor from Android Central
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket--rooted and flashed CM10.1.3 stable (retired)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1 and WebOS
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (alive and kicking)
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure
    We have two 32g tablets. I bought one of them for my husband, who took it back east with him on his job. He allowed it to discharge completely by accident and was unable to get it to charge again. It had sat like that about 3 to 4 months. I brought it back home and had pretty much the same problem trying to charge it as I see in the posts. Please do not give up the resetting process, I must have tried holding down the 2 buttons at least 40 to 50 times. Also each button by itself in between. It did take more than one day as I nearly gave up myself. Using several different HP cords and also one from other device plus the cradle charger - then left it alone on the cradle and one morning, I finally saw the clock and it started up charging once again. I believe it will eventually start charging for most everyone. Just keep trying again on another day if you get tired of it. The lesson here is that you must not let it completely lose power!
    No way beyond "fastboot mode not found" If anybody's got an idea...
    If you took the time and actually read my thread, it's all there.

Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Sorry, thought I had read it, but certainly without the needed level of attention... I'm going back to read it
    After 2 weeks of swapping different barrel chargers, trying to trickle charge via USB, trying the TouchStone, I'd almost wrote one of my TouchPads off. I took another look at it today and lo and behold, I have K.I.T.T. lights...aka white light blinking back and forth on the Home button. It's been like that for a few hours now but still won't power up, but at least this is an improvement from absolutely nothing.

I'm honestly surprised as I thought it was completely dead.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts
    I got mine back to life today, but what a pain! I was just about to give up and buy a new tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Visitor from Android Central
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket--rooted and flashed CM10.1.3 stable (retired)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1 and WebOS
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (alive and kicking)
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    If you took the time and actually read my thread, it's all there.

Sorry but I really think I did everything The fastboot mode doen't launch because after the first stage of flashing memory, the Touchpad isn't detected on any USB port. Looks like the motherboard's dead
    Sorry but I really think I did everything The fastboot mode doen't launch because after the first stage of flashing memory, the Touchpad isn't detected on any USB port. Looks like the motherboard's dead
    Sadly, the only way to be sure would be to test out the motherboard with another battery and charging circuit.

The error is from a message on your computer?

And you did manage to get the fastboot app and installed it correctly on your Ubuntu (and you are using the correct version of Ubuntu)?

I know this part was my hill to climb, as there were no instructions for getting the fastboot anywhere, which is why I did provide some.
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Sadly, the only way to be sure would be to test out the motherboard with another battery and charging circuit.
    Good idea : I also have a 32 GB TP. Do you think that putting in the 64 GB motherboard would be a safe way to test ?

The error is from a message on your computer?
    Yes "fastboot mode not found". Reading the tpdebrick scripts, I can see that this error can occur if the program doesn't find the right USB address to fastboot. And lsusb doesn't return any specific address for the touchpad after the first flash cycle

And you did manage to get the fastboot app and installed it correctly on your Ubuntu (and you are using the correct version of Ubuntu)?
    It's not exactly the same ubuntu version : 13.04 64 bits. Did't have any problem installing fastboot and cli tools from ubuntu software center. Would the difference be so important ?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast