Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I don't ever remember seeing a post refusing servicing. People have gotten different touchpads back, and they had touchpads returned with seemingly no work done on them, but no one's ever posted about service refusal.
    Thanks! Glad to hear this! Waiting for my return box to arrive...
    How can I know if my touchpad is still under warranty? I have the same problem, touchpad died and now wont charge. I have tested the charger and cable in other devices and they both work.
    It took me about 3 days of charging to get it to boot using generic USB cable and charger that I bought from eBay. For some reason both my HP USB cable and charger died.
    Last edited by DepecheNYC; 04/30/2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    How can I know if my touchpad is still under warranty? I have the same problem, touchpad died and now wont charge. I have tested the charger and cable in other devices and they both work.
    https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...4892.199480143

putting the serial number into the link above should tell you if you have any warranty left. I'm also pretty sure that all TP's came with a standard 1 year warranty so considering they weren't launched until Jul 2011, surely every TP out there is still covered?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    this happened to me just yesterday, but it was at half battery when I attempted to restart it help?
    there's this thread, http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...nt-charge.html on cable kinks, faulty cables, checking in settings.....actually a lot of good info in it. Since you've tried everything, you might have to Dr. it. You have half battery left, so the Dr. should work.
    You plug your phone in?
    I was just told that using 3rd party software voids the warrantee and any service will be billed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I don't ever remember seeing a post refusing servicing. People have gotten different touchpads back, and they had touchpads returned with seemingly no work done on them, but no one's ever posted about service refusal.
    My tp is completly dead. I've tried to rechage it and recharge it but nthing will work. I've even purchased a new charger for the hp store. I know it's not the charger because my phone will charge on the charger but not my tp. So I don't know what the problem with my touchpad is. Can anyone help me please???
    I had this problem twice, the first time I was able, after much struggle, to get my touchpad to charge. More recently, I let the battery run down again accidentally, and after trying for two weeks to charge and get *some* sort of response from it I gave up.

I had tried every button combo, usb cable, phone chargers, touchstone, other peoples tp chargers, pc trickle charge. Everything that anyone posted on any forum aside from ripping it open and using a lipo charger, as mine was still under warranty.

I decided to send it in to HP, in spite of tales of horror, as having a dead touchpad wasn't doing much for me. The morning after I chatted with support, boom, there was the return box. I sent it back the same day and 9 days later (holiday weekend, probably would have been less.) I have back *my* touchpad, fully functional no less! ( according to diagnostics, and my 30 mins of checking). I just wish I had sent it in sooner.

Also, I had cm9 and preware installed, which I couldn't remove before sending it in because it was non responsive. So if you don't come out and say "oh hey, I have this on my touchpad, is that going to be a problem?" it probably won't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by raidtheruins View Post
    I have back *my* touchpad, fully functional no less! ( according to diagnostics, and my 30 mins of checking). I just wish I had sent it in sooner.
    I just noticed too that since being repaired, my home button is now actually flush with the screen! Which it hadn't been since the day I got it.
    I am having problem with TP not charging on the touchstone charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by raidtheruins View Post
    I had this problem twice, the first time I was able, after much struggle, to get my touchpad to charge. More recently, I let the battery run down again accidentally, and after trying for two weeks to charge and get *some* sort of response from it I gave up.

I had tried every button combo, usb cable, phone chargers, touchstone, other peoples tp chargers, pc trickle charge. Everything that anyone posted on any forum aside from ripping it open and using a lipo charger, as mine was still under warranty.

I decided to send it in to HP, in spite of tales of horror, as having a dead touchpad wasn't doing much for me. The morning after I chatted with support, boom, there was the return box. I sent it back the same day and 9 days later (holiday weekend, probably would have been less.) I have back *my* touchpad, fully functional no less! ( according to diagnostics, and my 30 mins of checking). I just wish I had sent it in sooner.

Also, I had cm9 and preware installed, which I couldn't remove before sending it in because it was non responsive. So if you don't come out and say "oh hey, I have this on my touchpad, is that going to be a problem?" it probably won't be.
    So you are saying I should send it in ? Who do I write or talk to, to do this because I live in Vegas and I have yet to find a HP store. Thanks for the advice/info.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Check to make sure that the part that goes into the wall is not loose. Its really an assembly which can be unscrewed.
    That was my problem. Tightened the part that goes in the wall and that did the trick!!!
    Hey Guyz ...

Actually I do not know if I have the same problem here. I'm living in Kuwait and I have received a gift
    from a frirnd HP TouchPad from the U.S.

The TP did not work at all even a light did not give. I tried many tricks but no use. Even the charger did not
    work or show that it is charging.

Did anyone experience the same.? Appreciate if I can find a solution with you guys.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Since this is a universal problem with the TouchPad (i.e., dead and won't charge if battery runs down completely), can we create a sticky for it with:

1. Explanation of the problem and ways of avoiding it
    2. Measures you can try if you have this problem
    3. Instructions for sending the TP to HP if all else fails

Sooner or later this is going to happen to everyone.
    The exact same thing has happened with my TP, its totaly dead have tried all the "button gymnastics" but nothing has worked, I had the CM9 installed and was working flawlessly, my TP charger is charging my Pre3 fine, now i have ut the TP on charge through my iphone wall charger if that doesnt work i will try a trickle charge through PC, anyone with any better ideas ?
    I have the same issue, it won't charge at all. I tried every single suggestions that are posted online but still my TP is dead. I'm waiting for that amazon usb cable to come in the mail then we'll see if my cable is the culprit.
    After trying everything I ca;led the HP support UK and they are sending UPS to collect my touchpad, I hope I get it back soon as my 3 year old daughter is sadder then me
    HP support said if Android is installed and they notice that it is while fixing, there will be a $240-250 charge for the service, even if the issue is not software related.

Anyone else experience this? I'm tempted to just roll the dice, say no, and hope the warranty shop doesn't notice or care - otherwise I've got a dead HP TouchPad on my hands since it's totally unresponsive to charging and various finger gymnastics.

Anyone have any luck with them ignoring Android dualboot and getting away with no cost (aside from the $14 they ask to open the ticket (ugh)).
    My TP with Cyanmod 9 was down for a week. Yesterday it turned on. I tried all the button combinations mentioned previously but no luck. I tried plugging the TP into my pc but I rec'd driver not updated message. I finally decided to plug into my pc with ubunu installed. The next thing happened was LED on the TP flashed from left to right. Upon seeing that I connected the cord to the wall charger. 15mins later the low battery signal appeared. after awhile the TP charged back to 100%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast