Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree16Likes
    I have two HP Touchpads and one of them stopped charging and powering on. I tried charging for days, rebooting, etc. to no avail. Thanks to the poster about cable issues. I put a a small flashlight under the connector at the touchpad and it started charging and displaying the charge status. It looks like the USB micro connector has a poor connection.

Cheers!
    My hubby has touch pad .and I move it from the one place to another
    And know it won't charging .it come up the on the pad that no charging.it I do a another charging thing. It say go with the charger with the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida girl 941 View Post
    My hubby has touch pad .and I move it from the one place to another
    And know it won't charging .it come up the on the pad that no charging.it I do a another charging thing. It say go with the charger with the device.
    Sometimes the connections on either the cable or the device can go bad or get finicky. You can use another cable to connect the Touchpad to the charger, but you NEED to use the actual charging cylinder (that plugs into the wall) that came with the Touchpad. Have you tried just changing that cord to see if an new one will connect for you?
    So I to have been through months of trying to get my touchpad to turn on.Finally with success.
    Kids originally left it off the touchstone charger overnight and then it would not tun on , placing it back on the touchstone was no good either or even using usb still had no signs of life.
    After multiple forums all the button tricks and strange charger tricks, waiting etc. none of them worked for me.
    At this stage the thing I had worked out was that the usb port when plugged into a pc also gave no indication of life or communication so tpdebrick was probably not going to work either and after trying that I also had no success.
    So I cracked it open, removed the battery checked for voltage got about 3.4v and thought that seems fine plugged it back in again thinking it might need a complete power cycle. No luck still dead.
    Checked all the connections on the board(so I thought) and they seemed fine. Not having anything to test it against I gave up in frustration thinking the main board was fried.
    A few months passed and I managed to purchase a working one off ebay for $60 and when it arrived after confirming it worked i thought lets crack it open and use it as a reference for the faulty one.
    So I systematically replaced one part for the other from the dead TP into the working one using the easiest to get at parts first,So first the screen and that worked fine then the usb board that worked fine then the power switch/vol assembly that was good aswell then I tried the main board expecting this to fail but it booted up straight into moboot, I thought great but strange as the only part left was the small digitizer board left at the bottom of the device. So I removed it from the non working TP and when I looked on the underside I noticed a problem. It seemed the small ribbon cable that connects it to the main board had worked it's way partly out.So not sure if this was my issue exactly I still connected it to the working TP just to make sure.
    and you bet it would not fire up.
    So I then plugged it all the way in and sure enough it fires straight up. So I then placed all the parts from the non working TP back into it's original casing and it fires up perfectly albeit with a low battery because it's not been charged for a few months. 2 hours back on the touchstone and all is good with both tablets.
    So it seems that the digitizer board is integral to completing the checks that the mainboard does to allow charging to the device. Go Figure!
    So if your device is completely dead and you feel like opening up your TP I suggest you check this connection.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    To add another story to this thread, I just successfully revived a TouchPad that was giving no signs of life...no screens, no lights, no device present when connecting to USB.

The solution was to first manually charge the LiPo cells of the battery directly (had to lift the battery and peel away some of its outer covering) to get some amount of usable power. That process is discussed somewhere already in this or another thread. Tried device on a touchstone after that and got a screen of the battery symbol with a question mark inside. At that point, quickly connected to USB of a desktop PC and saw the device show up as "QHUSB_DLOAD". Connected it right away to a Linux laptop and ran the TPDeBrick utility. On successful completion of TPDeBrick, finished reassembling and plugged into stock TouchPad charger. This Touchpad now has now taken a full charge. Somewhat surprisingly, no data was lost in this process.
    Preemptive and mazzinia like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    do a reset.
    Hold down the center button while also pressing the power button for 15 seconds.

If that doesnt work. then replace your usb cable (yes the ones shipped with the TP are cheaply made and do go bad)

Try another charger (cheap on eBay).

If n one of the abovedoesn't work it's likely you got one with a bad battery and I don't know if HP is warranteeing them. - Available on eBay for $140

I have 4 bad batterys here from units I replaced them in, and heard about so many others that I wonder if discovery of a fault in TP battery's might have been the straw that broke Leo's back last August.
    A BIG THANKS to TOPTOUNGBARRY !
    My HP tablet would not charge or come on and TopToungBarry said ti " Hold the middle button while olding down the power button and WOW It Worked Rick Mayers
    Quote Originally Posted by filthypierre View Post
    So I to have been through months of trying to get my touchpad to turn on.Finally with success.
    Kids originally left it off the touchstone charger overnight and then it would not tun on , placing it back on the touchstone was no good either or even using usb still had no signs of life.
    After multiple forums all the button tricks and strange charger tricks, waiting etc. none of them worked for me.
    At this stage the thing I had worked out was that the usb port when plugged into a pc also gave no indication of life or communication so tpdebrick was probably not going to work either and after trying that I also had no success.
    So I cracked it open, removed the battery checked for voltage got about 3.4v and thought that seems fine plugged it back in again thinking it might need a complete power cycle. No luck still dead.
    Checked all the connections on the board(so I thought) and they seemed fine. Not having anything to test it against I gave up in frustration thinking the main board was fried.
    A few months passed and I managed to purchase a working one off ebay for $60 and when it arrived after confirming it worked i thought lets crack it open and use it as a reference for the faulty one.
    So I systematically replaced one part for the other from the dead TP into the working one using the easiest to get at parts first,So first the screen and that worked fine then the usb board that worked fine then the power switch/vol assembly that was good aswell then I tried the main board expecting this to fail but it booted up straight into moboot, I thought great but strange as the only part left was the small digitizer board left at the bottom of the device. So I removed it from the non working TP and when I looked on the underside I noticed a problem. It seemed the small ribbon cable that connects it to the main board had worked it's way partly out.So not sure if this was my issue exactly I still connected it to the working TP just to make sure.
    and you bet it would not fire up.
    So I then plugged it all the way in and sure enough it fires straight up. So I then placed all the parts from the non working TP back into it's original casing and it fires up perfectly albeit with a low battery because it's not been charged for a few months. 2 hours back on the touchstone and all is good with both tablets.
    So it seems that the digitizer board is integral to completing the checks that the mainboard does to allow charging to the device. Go Figure!
    So if your device is completely dead and you feel like opening up your TP I suggest you check this connection.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for your help.
    How do you open the TP?
    When I connect the charger to the power outlet the middle button blinks, what does it mean?
    Is the battary is dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by avka View Post
    How do you open the TP?
    When I connect the charger to the power outlet the middle button blinks, what does it mean?
    Is the battary is dead?
    When the middle button blinks you can probably use TpDebrick to bring it back to life.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by avka View Post
    How do you open the TP?
    Is the battary is dead?
    Or try just leaving it charging & blinking until there is enough power back in the battery to bring the A6 power control chip & it's contents back to life. Could take quite a while tho.

I have experienced this several times.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Nice trick.I do the same thing and it always works.
    I only wish the light would flash on this one of mine. It does absolutely nothing right now.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011