Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 211
Like Tree16Likes
  1. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #181  
    Well my son's use them. What would letting it sit with no charge do?
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Well my son's use them. What would letting it sit with no charge do?
    Exhaust all signs of power from the TP.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Well my son's use them. What would letting it sit with no charge do?
    It's a question that many believe that if you let the Touchpad sit, it will completely kill whatever is left of power in the Touchpad.

    Once the power 100% exhausted, it is believed that the power circuit without power to hold it's "flash" (for lack of better word) will reset itself once you give it power again..

    I tried that for a good 6 months with mine, and it didn't help.

    This is why I made my "everything guide" for the Touchpad revival, which included mention of all approaches that I've read about, tried, tested, etc.

    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

    Just read it (again if you glanced through it already), I tried to include everything that should be tried before you go and try the tpdebrick.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  4. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #184  
    tried TPDEBRICK

    Here is what i got? Pretty sure that failed

    Writing 132 bytes to 0x2a028800; 0 bytes left.
    Executing file...
    Checking QDL mode...
    Writing file tz.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED
    MSG: Failed Fuse addr:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    MSG: Error Status:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    Sending secureMode...
    Sending openMulti ...
    MSG: Open multi failed, unknown error
    ERROR: Open multi failed, unknown error
    Invalid openMulti response.
    Cannot write file tz.mbn
    Aborted.
  5. #185  
    I'm not an expert with Ubuntu/Linux so this is beyond my abilities.. but one thing that I do mention in my guide is to make sure that you get the Fastboot protocol CLI tool, that was a huge issue/problem for me.

    You might try to get in touch with the creator of TPDebrick: James Sullins (https://github.com/jcsullins)

    But also, read the original thread about TPDebrick (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/)
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  6. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #186  
    yeah I was looking for it and couldn't find it. the fast boot protocol it wasn't in the software section for me.
  7. #187  
    In Ubuntu, go to Software software center, look for android-tools, and you'll find Fastboot protocol CLI tool.

    (that's where I found it)

    Without this, it's not going to work (the TPdebrick)
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  8. #188  
    Okay, I didn't have to do any of that stuff with Ubantu or anything. Here's what I did, not sure if all of the steps are necessary...

    1. Plug into a 2.1a feed.
    2. Hold the HOME, Volume Up and Power buttons in for a count of 10 until the strobing light on the HOME button stops.
    3. Put a grain of rice on the HOME button and use a large clip (like you would use on a stack of papers, not a paperclip) to press it into the button.
    4. Use a rubber band around it to hold the Volume Up button in the pressed position.
    5. Use a rubber band around it to hold the Power button in the pressed position.
    6. I left it like this for 11 hours (overnight).
    7. Remove the clip and bands.
    8. Press the power button to turn it on. At this point all I got was the HOME button strobing again.
    9. Leave power in for 10 hours, eventually the strobing stopped.
    10. Press the power button to turn the unit on. At this point it was half charged, so I let it finish charging.

    Hope this helps others,
    Mike.
  9. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #189  
    So this is what i get now. I didn't have fast boot installed got it installed and now this is what i get?

    checking doc files ...
    Connect Touchpad then hold Power+Home+VolumeDown for 30 seconds ...
    Release buttons now
    Failed to find/open TTY.
    load of emmcbld.bin failed
    Aborting.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by msttsm View Post
    Okay, I didn't have to do any of that stuff with Ubantu or anything. Here's what I did, not sure if all of the steps are necessary...

    1. Plug into a 2.1a feed.
    2. Hold the HOME, Volume Up and Power buttons in for a count of 10 until the strobing light on the HOME button stops.
    3. Put a grain of rice on the HOME button and use a large clip (like you would use on a stack of papers, not a paperclip) to press it into the button.
    4. Use a rubber band around it to hold the Volume Up button in the pressed position.
    5. Use a rubber band around it to hold the Power button in the pressed position.
    6. I left it like this for 11 hours (overnight).
    7. Remove the clip and bands.
    8. Press the power button to turn it on. At this point all I got was the HOME button strobing again.
    9. Leave power in for 10 hours, eventually the strobing stopped.
    10. Press the power button to turn the unit on. At this point it was half charged, so I let it finish charging.

    Hope this helps others,
    Mike.
    Mike - I have a 64gb TP that won't take a charge. I saw your post and laughed and said WTF, I have tried every other method so I will try yours. I am now gathering the materials to do as you suggest. Going out of town for a couple days, I will post my results on Thursday.

    Thanks,
    Dave
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by davo89 View Post
    Mike - I have a 64gb TP that won't take a charge. I saw your post and laughed and said WTF, I have tried every other method so I will try yours. I am now gathering the materials to do as you suggest. Going out of town for a couple days, I will post my results on Thursday.

    Thanks,
    Dave
    Didn't work for me
  12. #192  
    I accidentally let my Touchpad drain its battery all the way for an unknown period of time and now it won't turn on - it doesn't even have the blinking light on the home button to show low battery - what should I do?
    I've left it plugged in for a day, but I'm not sure if it's charging since nothing has happened to the Touchpad... should I leave it charging longer?
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    I accidentally let my Touchpad drain its battery all the way for an unknown period of time and now it won't turn on - it doesn't even have the blinking light on the home button to show low battery - what should I do?
    I've left it plugged in for a day, but I'm not sure if it's charging since nothing has happened to the Touchpad... should I leave it charging longer?
    You cannot use the stock TP charger in this instance. Look for an older cell phone charger the can output up to 1amp and let it charge overnight, though it might take longer. (If you are not 100% sure of your TP cable, test it on another device to enure all is good there. If not you will need another cable. Not all USB cables will work with the TP. I have always had luck with my BlackBerry cables)

    If the force is with you in a day or 2 you should see the home button in sweep mode. Plug in the TP charger or set it on a Touchstone and let it charge all the way up. Once you do it would not hurt to reflash the A6 charging chip as jcsullins found an issue that is easily fixed by running a simple command on the TP that will reflash the chip.

    See here: [Fix Guide] How to Reflash the A6 Firmware + How to use the WebOS Doctor - xda-developers

    Essentially the TP always needs power and if the battery is totally drained it can mess up the charging.

    If after a few days you do not get the LED sweep, plug your TP into your PC and press the power and home buttons together and hold them for about for about 30 seconds. If you see your PC detect a new device, but the drivers fail to install, follow the steps in the following post and hopefully that will bring your TP back to life.

    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

    All hope is not lost. Good Luck!
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    You cannot use the stock TP charger in this instance. Look for an older cell phone charger the can output up to 1amp and let it charge overnight, though it might take longer. (If you are not 100% sure of your TP cable, test it on another device to enure all is good there. If not you will need another cable. Not all USB cables will work with the TP. I have always had luck with my BlackBerry cables)

    If the force is with you in a day or 2 you should see the home button in sweep mode. Plug in the TP charger or set it on a Touchstone and let it charge all the way up. Once you do it would not hurt to reflash the A6 charging chip as jcsullins found an issue that is easily fixed by running a simple command on the TP that will reflash the chip.

    See here: [Fix Guide] How to Reflash the A6 Firmware + How to use the WebOS Doctor - xda-developers

    Essentially the TP always needs power and if the battery is totally drained it can mess up the charging.

    If after a few days you do not get the LED sweep, plug your TP into your PC and press the power and home buttons together and hold them for about for about 30 seconds. If you see your PC detect a new device, but the drivers fail to install, follow the steps in the following post and hopefully that will bring your TP back to life.

    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

    All hope is not lost. Good Luck!
    Ah, would a Kindle or iPhone charger work in that case? I don't think I have anything else that would fit the bill.

    In regards to the last step:
    If after a few days you do not get the LED sweep, plug your TP into your PC and press the power and home buttons together and hold them for about for about 30 seconds. If you see your PC detect a new device, but the drivers fail to install, follow the steps in the following post and hopefully that will bring your TP back to life.
    What do you do if the TP does not get detected by the PC after holding the power and home buttons? Is it dead at that point?

    Thanks!
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    Ah, would a Kindle or iPhone charger work in that case? I don't think I have anything else that would fit the bill.

    In regards to the last step:

    What do you do if the TP does not get detected by the PC after holding the power and home buttons? Is it dead at that point?

    Thanks!
    From what I have seen from other posts, either the battery is dead or it's so depleted that the TP does not detect it due to the charging circuit issue I mentioned in my original reply. There is a posting on the forum of another victim of this opening his TP and actually charging the battery using an external power source, but that would involve a level of technical ability and the willingness to open your TP that you may not have or want to do.. You can also buy an OEM battery on ebay and swap it out, but again you will need to open your TP. It's a bit of a pain and I found using guitar picks made it a little easier as you insert a pick into each clip. Take your time and one or 2 may break. There are a few teardowns on line and a few in the forums that can help with the surgery if you want to take that route.

    Others please chime in if I am missing something.

    Hopefully you will have some luck with one of your other chargers.Give it a few days to run as some people have reported it taking up to five days for the TP to wake up again.
    firehawk12 likes this.
  16. #196  
    Ah, if it is completely dead then I am basically SOL outside of opening it up? That sucks.
    I'll leave it charging for a week on the Kindle charger and hope that works!
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    Ah, if it is completely dead then I am basically SOL outside of opening it up? That sucks.
    I'll leave it charging for a week on the Kindle charger and hope that works!
    Try reading my thread, it might help.

    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  18. #198  
    After trying all the tricks, I thought of the simplest solution. I put mu lips on the USB socket on the TP and blew air into it. I plugged in a calble and it started charging instantly. So here is the problem. The micro usb socket gets shorted with crud such as dust in it This preventing the system from accepting a charge via USB cable or Touchstone as it is shorted. As funny as it sound, BLOW, INSERT, ENERGIZE, PLAY!
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Try reading my thread, it might help.

    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Ah, I just saw that you replied to my post. Unfortunately, I didn't get any lights after letting it sit on the Kindle charger for a couple of days, and trying to plug it into the computer didn't show any signs of life either.

    I'll leave it plugged into the PC for a couple of days, because I read that it can trickle charge via PC as well, but if the computer won't pick it up, it's basically a brick at that point?

    I saw the ifixit tear down, and beyond the fact that eBay batteries are always a risky proposition, it looks way out of my league in terms of trying to fix it unfortunately. Too bad.
  20. #200  
    HP Touchpad back form the dead. I had tried many things on my own, hold pwr, pwr+vol up, pwr+home key, etc, etc.. tried to plug in using OEM charger for 1 week, put on touchpad, etc...nothing worked.

    Today the following worked, reset the OEM oval wall charger by twisting off the top, 'blowing in it'...yea know but what the heck, and putting back together. Also replaced the Blackberry micro USB cable with the Samsung GS IV Micro USB cable.

    Plugged it in and got the large battery charging icon (low level indicator) covering the entire screen. Left it that was for 20-30 min and next time I looked it had already booted in CM9! battery level showed 0% for about 5-10 min it started to increase and is slowly charging. Based on other comments on the forum I should now be good.

    Thanks to everyone's input here. Saved me from buying a new tablet!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions