1.    #1  
    how to import contacts(sim card) from pre 3 to touchpad?
    Last edited by bahram; 02/10/2012 at 08:15 AM.
    You need to get the contacts off the SIM card and onto your Palm profile or a Google profile.
    Then you should be able to get those contacts into the TP fairly easily.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    You need to get the contacts off the SIM card and onto your Palm profile or a Google profile.
    Then you should be able to get those contacts into the TP fairly easily.
    thanks for your answer, but how? i cant!
    i have different profile for pre3 and touchpad.
    thanks for any help
    If the devices are on two different Palm Profiles; then without emailing the contacts to yourself, you are out of luck.

IMO you need a web based email account.
    Once you open that; you can get a patch from Preware that will send your contacts on your phone as a VCF file to your new webbased email account which you then import into that account's contact list. Go to Touchpad, add that new account to your TP and it should sync.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If the devices are on two different Palm Profiles; then without emailing the contacts to yourself, you are out of luck.

IMO you need a web based email account.
    Once you open that; you can get a patch from Preware that will send your contacts on your phone as a VCF file to your new webbased email account which you then import into that account's contact list. Go to Touchpad, add that new account to your TP and it should sync.
    thanks
    i try it
    In the contacts app, open each SIM contact, tap on menu and select copy from SIM. This will put it into the palm profile account on the Pre3. Once this is all done from the Pre3, dial ##66623# to bring up the celebrite exporter. Conduct the export process, this will make a PM migration.vcf file in a temp folder on the USB drive of the Pre3. Put the Pre3 in usb drive mode to copy that file to the PC. Import that VCF file into your google/yahoo/exchange account and setup that account on your touchpad. Thats it.

Since the SIM contacts on the pre3 doesnt have a real database on the phone, I think the patch may not work for these contacts.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Since the SIM contacts on the pre3 doesnt have a real database on the phone, I think the patch may not work for these contacts.
    Ahhh...did not know that...learn something everyday. I NEVER use the SIM to store my contacts as I switch carriers too often to worry about that.
  8.    #8  
    In the contacts app, open each SIM contact, tap on menu and select copy from SIM. This will put it into the palm profile account on the Pre3. Once this is all done from the Pre3, dial ##66623# to bring up the celebrite exporter. Conduct the export process, this will make a PM migration.vcf file in a temp folder on the USB drive of the Pre3. Put the Pre3 in usb drive mode to copy that file to the PC. Import that VCF file into your google/yahoo/exchange account and setup that account on your touchpad. Thats it.

thanks a lot
    can l use same profile for pre3 and touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    thanks a lot
    can l use same profile for pre3 and touchpad?
    Sure can. Profile will limit you to one phone at a time but can have unlimited touchpads on it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....

I am not sure if this method will work on webOs 2.x but it does work on my AT&T Pre + on 1.4.5:

In the phone app, dial "#*66623#" (without the quotes) and press the dial button.
    A new card will appear.
    Tap the green "CelleBrite Export" button.
    Aftwards, copy this file from the USB portion: L:\.temp\PmMigration.vcf
    (where L is your Pre USB drive letter)

This seems to get an entire VCF dump of the contact list, without using the patch described earlier in this thread.

Hope this helps someone.
    sorry ,didn't realize..it was already posted..
    You can still use a gmail account, which is what I use for contacts, easiest way to keep contacts synced.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    I am not sure if this method will work on webOs 2.x but it does work on my AT&T Pre + on 1.4.5:

In the phone app, dial "#*66623#" (without the quotes) and press the dial button.
    A new card will appear.
    Tap the green "CelleBrite Export" button.
    Aftwards, copy this file from the USB portion: L:\.temp\PmMigration.vcf
    (where L is your Pre USB drive letter)

This seems to get an entire VCF dump of the contact list, without using the patch described earlier in this thread.

Hope this helps someone.
    thanks a lot