1.    #1  
    I followed advice to select a US based option when registering my UK bought TP so that I could download the kindle app. However, subsequently using impostah to set up a new UK account resulted in Error code PMT04022 when trying to set a UK credit card for app purchase. so I have reverted to my original account settings and I am stuck with a request for a USA or N.American credit card.

Does the impostah workaround work with the new OS 3.05 I am suspecting the early advice I followed have been superceded? Is there any quick way to set-up a UK credit card to buy apps. on this UK based TP?
    Hi.

You can use USUnlocked to create a virtual card prepaid, charge with Paypal and be happy!

I live in Brazil and I'm using this solution.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hi.

You can use USUnlocked to create a virtual card prepaid, charge with Paypal and be happy!

Best Regards...
    Hi
    Thanks for the advice but a US based gift card might be a cheaper option as I don't require delivery of the goods as I am only interested in digital products. Can anyone confirm if a US gift-card will work see: U.S. Bank Visa Gift Card | Prepaid Cards | U.S. Bank

Cheers

Joe Rice
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hi.

Best Regards...
    Hi, And thanks for the info, but their fees are a trifle high:

By enrolling in the US Unlocked Card program, you agree to pay any and all fees shown in the fee schedule below.

Set-up fee $15.00 non-refundable
    Transaction Fee charged by NXpay $1.00 per load
    Load Fee $5 + 5%
    POS (point of sale) fee domestic $0.50
    POS (point of sale) fee international $0.50
    Declined transaction fee domestic $0.75
    Declined transaction fee international $0.75
    Plus I see in the small print that they charge $5 dollars a month on an out of date card with funds left on it

So I thought buying a US based Visa gift-card would be the answer, but HP (live-chat rep) says they will not accept transactions from these prepaid cards. Its no wonder the world economy is stuttering with these restrictions. Anyone know of an economical way I can buy apps. for my Touch-pad from a prepaid card?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joerice50 View Post
    Hi
    I don't require delivery of the goods as I am only interested in digital products.
    It's you think so, but HP don't think so

so or usunlocked or good friend in USA to register prepaid card to him.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    You can use a Visa reloadable(vanilla) card, just register it to to HP headquarters as the US address so they get the spam mail. Also, most any VCC services that require a registered address will work, just make sure it gives you a standard CC number. Realize though that getting and using a CC or VCC for this purpose is credit card fraud, but it's a silly law
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"