Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree15Likes
    How does one know if A6 is installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    How does one know if A6 is installed?
    A6 is the chip in the TP. See here:

[Fix Guide] How to Reflash the A6 Firmware - xda-developers

and

TouchPad Battery Drain issues & How Flashing A6 Firmware can help - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

It seems the chip is a little buggy, and this process is said to reset the chips NVRAM back to normal status and it's something that might need to be repeated occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    A6 is the chip in the TP. See here:

[Fix Guide] How to Reflash the A6 Firmware - xda-developers

and

TouchPad Battery Drain issues & How Flashing A6 Firmware can help - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

It seems the chip is a little buggy, and this process is said to reset the chips NVRAM back to normal status and it's something that might need to be repeated occasionally.
    thx that second link with method 2 seems easy enough to try for resetting A6, but i'm not the reckless guy when it comes to updating/flashing things.

so i did some commands before to verify all files and the chip versions then pulled the plunge:

PmA6Updater -g

PmA6Updater -x -d 0 /lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.00

PmA6Updater -x -d 1 /lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.01

all showed exact same numbers as in the video so i used option -a to flash.

We'll see if this fixes draining to zero for a while (it says 6-9 month repeating of this is needed).
    Quote Originally Posted by cpufox View Post
    I have a couple of TouchPads, Love 'em. Using CM9 regularly on one, had it sitting forever, with the Touchstone, and using different miniUSB chargers. On one of them, sitting in CM9, somehow it discharged. I thought I had bricked it, trying everything. I made sure overnight I had it using a valid HP charger.

hold the home and power button down for about 30 seconds and see if you can force a reboot.
    If no luck, ... This saved me:

2nd thing to try is to hold down the up-volume button and the power button at the same time. That should put you in emergenct/recovery mode. Instead of running the doctor at this point, turn it off and then on, or try forcing a reboot with the home/power button action.

After the reset above, it still wasn't booting, but then I tried the Home/Power again, or holding just the Power, and wala, it somehow reset.

Don't give up! You may be able to bring it back.
    after pressing the on & home buttons for 25 s, the battery charge icon appears.
    the tp is connected w/ the wall charger via usb cable
    will see what appens next
    5 min later > autoreboot > the sun is shining again > I love this thing!
    Last edited by angi0203; 02/21/2014 at 03:41 PM.
    What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by zxhwk View Post
    I have tried everything everyone else said except taking it apart and decided to try this one and left it for a couple hours and low and behold it came back to life

Thanks for the info
    Well, I guess I'm not throwing this out after all. Slow drip from the laptop USB (dunno why I never really tried it before) provoked some faint signs of life, and then putting the standard wall charger on and leaving it overnight did the rest.

Right as rain!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456