Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    I sent mine in to HP. That worked.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post

hi. how is some of the people who posted get theirs returned to HP for repair? majority of the people who bought the hp was when the sale happened. which if im right was over a year ago. i called and chatted wiht hp support and they wont fix my hp touchpad because the one eyar warranty ran out

edit: i guess most who got their repairs made it just before warranty expired. that sucks for me
    Last edited by simpl3lang; 09/18/2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    Won't work for me, I have 3 dead Touchpad GO's!

Anyone need parts?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Won't work for me, I have 3 dead Touchpad GO's!

Anyone need parts?
    PM me.
    None of these methods are working for me. Wondering if I open it up, does the battery have to be removed, or can it be somehow jump-started in place to get it to the threshold that it will charge normally?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    PM me.
    you need parts already lol bummer!! What happened ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you need parts already lol bummer!! What happened ?
    No I don't actually have issues, just being forward thinking / contingency scenario.
    how much is that going to cost you lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how much is that going to cost you lol
    Don't know! LOL I am not sure what TTB has. But I am going to check mktplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscm3 View Post
    None of these methods are working for me. Wondering if I open it up, does the battery have to be removed, or can it be somehow jump-started in place to get it to the threshold that it will charge normally?
    Just FYI, I opened mine, replaced the battery with one I ordered off ebay, and that accomplished nothing, presumably because the new battery was not charged either.
    Quote Originally Posted by freecicero View Post
    Just FYI, I opened mine, replaced the battery with one I ordered off ebay, and that accomplished nothing, presumably because the new battery was not charged either.
    Yikes!
    Glad you mentioned that, I was considering just changing it while I had it open.
    I had the same problem as the original poster.

In addition to having to rest the Touchpad so as to apply pressure on the back of the micro-USB connector where it enters the Touchpad, and leaving it lying like that for a few days while on the charger - the Touchpad magically sprung to life when I, while it was still plugged into the cylindrical charger that came with it - unplugged the cylindrical charger from the wall and twisted the bottom bit with the prongs to the left and back again - as I did that, the home button flashed life and the Touchpad came to life...

Weird. It turned on instantly, and said it's fully charged - even though I tried all combinations of button acrobatics minutes before and it looked dead by all accounts...
    In regard to the comment about setting it aside (for two weeks or whatever) -- I wonder whether it helps to remove the battery and let it sit, or whether removing the battery would actually prevent the "rest" from helping. I suppose there's only one way to find out.
    If you remove the battery, it would be easy to put a load on it if you are trying to drain it. Just wire it in to a simple light bulb.
    Its alive!
    My wifes TP woke up after being dead for weeks. Just plugged it into a regular barrel charger one day & forgot about it for awhile
    tried just about everything. Voltage is 2.5-2.7 of original battery.

Could it possible to charge with the battery out and the microUSB cable splayed open to charge directly on the battery terminal directly? I don't have a LiPO charger - is there something around the house I could jerry rig?

Or would it be safer to buy a ebay battery and pop one in? Do these ebay/amazon batteries come charged?
    Quote Originally Posted by eovnu87435ds View Post
    since they are in parallel, they should always be within +- .01v of each other. You can charge them as if they were one battery.

As for the charger, these work great.
    HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger w/ accessories
    Note that it does NOT come with a power adaptor. Either you can use a 12-16v laptop charger that has the right size barrel plug, or use the supplied barrel connecter to alligator clips to connect it to your car's battery. Or buy an adapter from their site too.
    HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Hobbyking 105W 15V/7A Switching DC Power Supply

@eovnu87435ds what voltage and amp settings did you use and how long did you have to charge. I was considering buying this (first link) and using a 12v battery car jumper power pack I have as the power source. Would it work?
    Cyberprasant I popped in an ebay battery with zero result. I don't have a tester to know the voltages, but be aware that in at least my one case, simple replacement with an ebay battery did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    tried just about everything. Voltage is 2.5-2.7 of original battery.

Could it possible to charge with the battery out and the microUSB cable splayed open to charge directly on the battery terminal directly? I don't have a LiPO charger - is there something around the house I could jerry rig?

Or would it be safer to buy a ebay battery and pop one in? Do these ebay/amazon batteries come charged?
    Quote Originally Posted by freecicero View Post
    Cyberprasant I popped in an ebay battery with zero result. I don't have a tester to know the voltages, but be aware that in at least my one case, simple replacement with an ebay battery did not help.
    ok I'm thinking about ordering this LIPO charger linked above. Has anyone besides the OP been sucessful in charging one and waking it up out of a coma?
    aside from opening the unit, i've tried all solutions here (listed below) from this thread and another
    * reset via pressing and holding power button and menu button (up to 1 min, and tried many different times)
    * pressing and holding power button and up volume button
    * trickle charge via usb thru laptop and via usb via cell phone charger
    * pressing and holding power button while pressing menu button multiple times and fast. this method was also suggested by the touchpad support but i press it 15 times. i tried variations of pressing up to 30-40 of the menu button and reversing the order of holding the menu button while pressing the power button multiple times. (same for power button and up volume button).
    * plug in standard power supply, wait 5 seconds, pull out, wait 5 seconds, plug in, wait 5 seconds, rinse repeat up to however long your patience it. (I've done up to 30)
    * unscrew cap at the prongs for the power supply and re-screw back on. (also on touchpad support's script).

touch pad support team also suggested leaving it plugged in it's power supply for 2 days continuous. that didn't work since i already tried that but we have to go thru their script.

i decided to cough up the $15 and get the call in since the issue started right smack-dab of the 1 year since purchase, which was late friday night 2 fridays ago and webos support isn't open on weekends. i managed to get it under warranty by the skin of my teeth.

not sure what else to try since i didn't see other options. guess if it wasn't under warranty, i'd try the lipo charger approach too. my power supply was good because it was charging my cell phone and mp3 player. we also have a 16gb touchpad (mine's a 32gb) and i also tried that power supply and tested my own and both were good.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast