Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    The deal is that some people would buy poo in a can, if it had the apple logo on it. I have no idea why, I want what works best for me. I also agree with Matt-A, that for $500 a netbook would provide more power and productivity tools than any tablet.

I personally went with the Touchpad for 3 reasons. First, I wanted something kind of small to keep downstairs to check my work email and work calendar on. Second, webOS has BY FAR the superior email and calendar tools of any mobile OS. Third, the price. I only paid $99 so it was worth losing the power of the netbook.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    The deal is that some people would buy poo in a can, if it had the apple logo on it. I have no idea why, I want what works best for me. I also agree with Matt-A, that for $500 a netbook would provide more power and productivity tools than any tablet.

I personally went with the Touchpad for 3 reasons. First, I wanted something kind of small to keep downstairs to check my work email and work calendar on. Second, webOS has BY FAR the superior email and calendar tools of any mobile OS. Third, the price. I only paid $99 so it was worth losing the power of the netbook.
    TP is probably at least as powerful as a low-grade netbook I'd say regardless. That and being more portable.

Just wish my workplace had wifi, only been using it for photo displays and such so far, the occasional book too. Of course when I get home it's great for surfing, but yeah...
    my slate 2 is a piece, but I use it for development (mobile point-of-sale atm)
    Not seen a demo but I thought "oooh.... sucky".

That's an opinion, based on Windows 7 being good for the desktop - I'm not sure a desktop paradigm works on a touch based device.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    HP to Reenter Tablet Market with Windows 8

HP restarts tablet manufacturing | Bangkok Post: business
    The macrumors thread on this is filled with comments that are admiring of webOS and ambivalent at best towards HP's win8 mobile strategy.
    HP: are you listening? The world still wants you to make a success of webOS.

HP to Reenter Tablet Market with Windows 8 - MacRumors Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    I'd hardly count a thread on Macrumors representative of "The World" in any way. If that were the case, based on another forum, "The World" also still wants to see the Atari Jaguar made a success.
    Maybe they do.

Anyway, if we can get cloudon to make an app for webOS, we will have full MS Office capability when in reach of wifi and we can save files to our box.com or dropbox files. Although not perfect, this would make a Win tablet a lot less attractive to me.

Voting is going on in the Cloudon forums here so I encourage everyone to vote.

Please support webOS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    HP to Reenter Tablet Market with Windows 8

HP restarts tablet manufacturing | Bangkok Post: business
    have you told HP's current windows 7 based tablet about this? It might get a complex
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Can they do it? Probably not. The problems at HP are not at all related to the platform they choose to support. I don't think they could sell iOS machines based on the choices they have made (at least in the past).

Of course (if the conspiracies are true about the HP / MS 'deal' ) MS may have given them most favored vendor status - and some competitive advantages as part of the package for hastening the death of webOS

But that assumes that Microsoft will have a big hit with Windows 8... and that is a big assumption.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Can they do it? Probably not. The problems at HP are not at all related to the platform they choose to support. I don't think they could sell iOS machines based on the choices they have made (at least in the past).

Of course (if the conspiracies are true about the HP / MS 'deal' ) MS may have given them most favored vendor status - and some competitive advantages as part of the package for hastening the death of webOS

But that assumes that Microsoft will have a big hit with Windows 8... and that is a big assumption.
    what conspiracy deals are you referring to? That a deal exists between MS and the company with the largest PC market share in the world? Thats not a conspiracy, its business.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12