Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    3 weeks ago I left my 32G Touchpad on an airplane in Chicago. 2 days later I got a call from some folks in Roanoke VA informing me that they found it, and have it.

"Do you want it back?" They asked. HELL YES! (FedEX delivers it today.)

My touchpad is the last of my webOS devices. My Pre minus died a slow death and finally became unusable just before Thanksgiving. I now have a Galaxy Nexus and it might be a first class Android device, but when it comes to an intuitive interface and ease of use it's third class compared to webOS. Losing my touchpad would have been a severe blow as it's the perfect device for me when it comes to email, Kindle, games, music, etc. I would not be happy with any other device. Period.

I cannot tell you all how delighted I am to be getting my Touchpad back today!!!!

"Barkeep! a round of drinks for my friends!"
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Glad to hear that honest folks found it for you. This isn't as common as it should be these days.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Hallelujah!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    how did you come to leave it behind?
    Amen brother, I almost felt your pain last week on my flight back from San Jose. I was getting ready to exit the plane when I noticed that my TouchPad was still in the seat pocket, wow i would have been bummed if I had left it on the plane. Glad to hear that there are still a few honest people around.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Just by being stupid.
    I left it in the seat pocket in front of my seat. Usually I have my laptop bag under the seat in front of me, but on this flight I placed everyting (except the Touchpad) in the overhead bin. I was being careless, and it almost cost me my Touchpad.

FYI, I plan on sending the folks in Roanoke a gift card as thanks. Good deeds should be rewarded.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Eigan and Rockbeast like this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icd9icd9 View Post
    OK. Not to be nitpicky but you left your TP on the plane 3 weeks ago and got a phone call 2 days later and you arranged to have it shipped FedEx. What have they been doing for 2 1/2 weeks? And, why would someone just take it home and not leave it with the airline? They all deal with lost items on a regular basis.
    Anyone who has left something on an airplane knows that the way airlines deal with lost items is usually not to the benefit of the person who lost them.
    Wow.. that's amazing! Glad to see you got it back!! What airline was it? They deserve some props! (no pun intended) lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Wow.. that's amazing! Glad to see you got it back!! What airline was it? They deserve some props! (no pun intended) lol
    ;D

VERY punny indeed!

Those are some nice folks...glad a gift card will be coming their way. My guess is it took a little longer because they were becoming acquainted with the beauty of the TP!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Nice to hear of a happy ending.

Remember to pay if forward!
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    Just by being stupid.
    I left it in the seat pocket in front of my seat. Usually I have my laptop bag under the seat in front of me, but on this flight I placed everyting (except the Touchpad) in the overhead bin. I was being careless, and it almost cost me my Touchpad.

FYI, I plan on sending the folks in Roanoke a gift card as thanks. Good deeds should be rewarded.
    Good for you!! They will no doubt appreciate your gesture as much as you did theirs.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    glad you got it back

I almost lost my TP on my coffee table once....finally found it sitting on the charger behind a stack of empty beer cans...

humor helps a little :-)
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I found an HP touchpad on the plane last night, is there any way to find the owner so I can get it returned to them? I have searched everywhere! Please help! I know someone is bummed about losing it
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewe3 View Post
    I found an HP touchpad on the plane last night, is there any way to find the owner so I can get it returned to them? I have searched everywhere! Please help! I know someone is bummed about losing it
    Isn't the detail listed in the Accounts under Settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    3 weeks ago I left my 32G Touchpad on an airplane in Chicago. 2 days later I got a call from some folks in Roanoke VA informing me that they found it, and have it.

"Do you want it back?" They asked. HELL YES! (FedEX delivers it today.)

My touchpad is the last of my webOS devices. My Pre minus died a slow death and finally became unusable just before Thanksgiving. I now have a Galaxy Nexus and it might be a first class Android device, but when it comes to an intuitive interface and ease of use it's third class compared to webOS. Losing my touchpad would have been a severe blow as it's the perfect device for me when it comes to email, Kindle, games, music, etc. I would not be happy with any other device. Period.

I cannot tell you all how delighted I am to be getting my Touchpad back today!!!!

"Barkeep! a round of drinks for my friends!"
    How did they track you down? I found one on the plane last night and I would love to return it to it's rightful owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    I am not sure what details to look for. I have never owned one.
    Just click on the Accounts app, you can see the owner's e-mail address.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    The touchpad is password protected,so I can't get any info from it.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    You know those stickers that you put on top/left corner of envelopes with your name/address? Those are perfect for sticking on the back of your touchpad, laptop, your Pre's battery (so that it is visible when you take the cover off), etc. It helps honest people be honest.

PS it also helps tell your laptop apart from another similar one that the TSA might have taken for additional screening. You wouldn't want to walk away with another person's laptop, would you?
    Last edited by mauro1; 04/12/2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added PS
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    ikimashokie and eaglewe3 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast