Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessandmobilenews
    Since the TouchPad was released, webOS customers were the most satisfied group (1.39) reported Gregory Yankelovich at Amplified Analytics.
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessandmobilenews
    The HP TouchPad is such a big hit, MacMall is running a contest to give one away for Valentine's Day. It would seem that a Mac Store would be giving away an Apple product. To enter the contest, all you have to do is Tweet about the MacMall giveaway with the correct hastags. The contest ends February 14 at 12:00PM PST.
    Source: HP TouchPad Bests iPad in Satisfaction: Another Free Deal
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    I'd like to get one of those! And to get it from a Mac store...priceless!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

MacMall sells tablets from most manufacturers. They sell PCs as well.

Giving away a Touchpad with a wholesale cost less than $100.00 is a cheap giveaway.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Any word on how to enter this? I went to the MacMall website, and couldn't find anything.
    T-Pad,

Thanks for the story. Right now it only serves to redeem most of us who have applauded and defended the TouchPad and webOS. Unfortunately it won't briing back the hardware line. It just shows how stupid Apotheker's decision was to kill it.

It is amazing how the Kindle Fire (I'm assuming it's the "Amazon" entry) is not even considered Android and customer satisfaction for it is lower than all others. Amazon cut to many corners on the device and I think it is showing in these numbers.

Android itself is second to last. I know there are a lot of Android users on webOSnation. Take this to heart. A lot of folks don't have the time or the patience to change keyboards, email clients, or root devices to get functionality that should have been included by default. You can have all the apps in the world but if basic usability, look, and feel aren't right from the start you are going to have problems (just ask Microsoft). High end Android devices are ok. Samsung, Motorola, and HTC put some thought into their products. I think the low end, vanilla devices are the ones that bring down the whole platform. Anyway, ICS is a good step forward but I think Android tablets have a long way to go before they can compete with or beat Apple (like the TouchPad did) in customer satisfaction.
    Amplified Analytics? LOL. OK. Touchpad wins this round. A lot of rocks must have overturned to find this "gem".
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Amplified Analytics? LOL. OK. Touchpad wins this round. A lot of rocks must have overturned to find this "gem".
    I knew that you would turn up eventually. What took you so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Take this to heart. A lot of folks don't have the time or the patience to change keyboards, email clients, or root devices to get functionality that should have been included by default.
    ??
    This is true for Touchpad. If not patched and overclocked, it's really not usable. We can discuss what is usable but c'mon, unpatched TP at 1.2ghz is not really friendly. At least the updates made it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    ??
    This is true for Touchpad. If not patched and overclocked, it's really not usable. We can discuss what is usable but c'mon, unpatched TP at 1.2ghz is not really friendly. At least the updates made it better.
    You root an android device, voiding it's warranty. Certainly you aren't saying setting up preware and homebrew on a webOS device is equivalent to rooting an android device, are you?
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    ??
    I would completely disagree there -- I'd say it's quite difficult, without a valid benchmarking program, to tell the difference between a 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 1.2ghz touchpad with no patches and a 1.5 with the popular set.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Giving away a Touchpad with a wholesale cost less than $100.00 is a cheap giveaway.
    Feeling a bit ironic?

And BTW, wholesale???
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Feeling a bit ironic?

And BTW, wholesale???
    Ironic? No.

Wholesale? Yes. Macmall sold Touchpads.