Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LizardWiz
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if there is a way to keep the TouchPad's screen from coming on while it is sitting on the TouchStone? Everytime I recieve a notification it comes on and doesn't go off. It wasn't an issue when I had the HP cover. I just covered it up. I'm using a skin now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Go into the Screen & Lock app and turn off "Show When Locked" option. If the LED blinking annoys you too then turn off "Blink Notifications" there too. Be sure to turn them back on when wanted.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I don't know how to do that, but, you might try taking your unused OEM case and putting it over your eyes instead. I guess they both essentially achieve the same results?
    spud101 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardWiz View Post
    I don't know how to do that, but, you might try taking your unused OEM case and putting it over your eyes instead. I guess they both essentially achieve the same results?
    Except then I will be running into walls and tripping over stairs....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  5.    #5  
    Go into the Screen & Lock app and turn off "Show When Locked" option. If the LED blinking annoys you too then turn off "Blink Notifications" there too. Be sure to turn them back on when wanted.
    Thank you! This worked perfectly. The screen did not come back on at all last night.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have Show When Locked turned on, my screen does not normally turn on when there is a new notification. I get the blinking LED, and I see the notifications in the dropdown list when I turn the screen on manually.

The screen does turn on sometimes at random while it is sitting on the Touchstone though.

Previously I found that it would turn on for the system notification "Charge completed", so that once a day or so the Touchstone would top off the battery and cause this. I think it has been fixed since 3.0.4 though, because it doesn't seem to happen any more (I've heard the charge-completed bong sound while sitting there, and the screen does not turn on).

Recently I noticed that the screen also turns on if the TP loses WiFi contact and has to re-acquire an IP address (noticed while I was resetting my router).
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I have Show When Locked turned on, my screen does not normally turn on when there is a new notification. I get the blinking LED, and I see the notifications in the dropdown list when I turn the screen on manually.

The screen does turn on sometimes at random while it is sitting on the Touchstone though.

Previously I found that it would turn on for the system notification "Charge completed", so that once a day or so the Touchstone would top off the battery and cause this. I think it has been fixed since 3.0.4 though, because it doesn't seem to happen any more (I've heard the charge-completed bong sound while sitting there, and the screen does not turn on).

Recently I noticed that the screen also turns on if the TP loses WiFi contact and has to re-acquire an IP address (noticed while I was resetting my router).
    I have never seen a "Charge Completed" notification when sitting on the Touchstone, and we only charge all 3 of them on the TS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have never seen a "Charge Completed" notification when sitting on the Touchstone, and we only charge all 3 of them on the TS.
    It's not sticky, it only appears for a moment on the status bar (and there's a bong sound). Prior to 3.0.4 it would cause the screen to turn on if the TP was sitting on the Touchstone charger with the screen turned off.
    Okay I know what you are talking about now... forgot about that. I usually have my TP on mute and HP case covers the screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This ability is great to know about. And I like it for night time. But during the day I want to turn it off. Sure wish that their was either a timer that would do this automatically, or a quicker way to turn it off and on. You like in the notifications area...