1.    #1  
    I have 3 Palm devices in the house:
    -My Palm Pre 2
    -My TouchPad
    -Wife's TouchPad

And I'm looking to do a factory reset on both my Pre and TouchPad. However, every time I try, my phone auto-restores everything while the TouchPad forces me to choose whether I want to restore the Pre, my TouchPad, or my wife's TouchPad without any choice to do "none of the above".

However, the goal here is to start over. Preware has been a little flaky on my phone since the last OTA and I can't get the current OTA on my TouchPad. The goal is to start with a fresh version of webOS and then load PreWare and aps on top of that. I have no paid aps so I don't care about losing anything. It'd be nice to keep my call log and text messages but if it's a choice between that and starting over- I'm all for starting over. I don't want it to auto-restore as some things won't restore properly and I really just want to start clean.

I've even tried to go to the following and remove the offending devices:
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...MgmtPage.xhtml
    However, every time the TouchPad still asks for all 3 devices as options to restore and my Pre just tries to always restore its old data

Short of creating a completely new webOS account, is there any way to start over fresh on the Pre and TouchPad?
    Turn off backup on the Pre and touchpad and then do an erase apps and data. Apps will still come back that were installed but the other data will not. If you have been installing patches you would want to run the doctor rather than the erase.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    I've been trying to avoid doctoring the devices but it seems like the only way. For instance, I'll turn off restore and do a complete erase and I can still see remnant patches but have no way to get to them. For instance, I'll re-install Preware and not see any patches installed. However, the Developer Mode icon is there so obvious the "Show Developer Mode" patch is still installed. This is what's really most frustrating to me is that there are patches that I know are installed and I can't see that they are installed so I can't remove them. That's actually the motivation here from the start- I can't make a clean wipe. It's like when you have programs in Windows that just won't uninstall in Add/Remove Programs or ones that don't even show up there.
    I've doctored countless times. Not a big fan of the process, mainly the length of time, but once it's over and done with, glad I did. Just do it, get it over with, and be done with it.

Doctor it right before you go to bed, stay up for the whole process until you re-sign into your TouchPad, re-login to all your accounts, then once it starts with the app downloads, you don't have to sit there and watch it anymore.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When you doctor your TouchPad and it restarts fresh, showing the initial screen where you select the language etc, ie as if it were new, can you still sign in with your WebOS account but not restore all of your apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by skaramanga View Post
    When you doctor your TouchPad and it restarts fresh, showing the initial screen where you select the language etc, ie as if it were new, can you still sign in with your WebOS account but not restore all of your apps?
    If you also do not want the apps coming back from the catalog too, then first delete them from the device, go into back and turn it off and back on, and then in backup, tap backup now, and then erase the device again. The system only brings back apps that were noted as being installed from last checkup.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I don't think there is a way to sign into your profile and not restore apps. If you have no paid apps, why don't you start a new profile?

In the end, I think you are making this more complicated than you need to.

To clean up the patches at this point I think doctor is your only option.

As far as the apps restoring, I have done this with 3 TouchPads and multiple webOS phones, there is no reason to not restore your apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    YES you shud create a new profile ,also u need not doctor the device which u already prefer, u can do EPR ,u can find it in preware..
    or else if u remember the patches,which u think are still there even if u already removed them then try reinstalling them AND THEN un-install them,
    i had success with this on my PRE2