1.    #1  
    I did a search to no avail. Does anyone else have a problem with the keyboard on the Touchpad? I noticed that when I tap on the keys, they don't always get pressed. And then I'll try using 2 fingers to tap the key and it will work. Am I stuck with my TP giving me these problems indefinitely? I've restarted the TP numerous times, along with other ways trying to isolate this problem, like trying to figure out of a patch could be cause it. I can't stand typing on the TP anymore, although I love the TP with passion fruit guava, more than anyone would understand. I still have my Sprint Pre- with the exception of a couple of refurb insurance swaps!!! I'm really looking into a blue tooth keyboard now which I was considering anyway before I let go of the keyboard problem.

Does anyone have and solution for me?

Also a patch that I believe that would be really cool would be to have, like many other tablets, the letter get large and pop up above your finger so you know you tapped that key. Is there anyone else out there who understands my problems?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    sounds like a problem with your touchpad's hardware its hard to tell though. I dont have this problem though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    sounds like a problem with your touchpad's hardware its hard to tell though. I dont have this problem though.
    Dag nabbit! I mean good for you but i was hoping I would get a response saying that someone had this problem and found a solution set. Fi
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    If you go into Settings\Device Information, tap Device Info in the upper left corner and you will see Diagnostics. There is a Touch Sensor test that you can do there. That might tell you something.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I did a search to no avail. Does anyone else have a problem with the keyboard on the Touchpad? I noticed that when I tap on the keys, they don't always get pressed. And then I'll try using 2 fingers to tap the key and it will work. Am I stuck with my TP giving me these problems indefinitely? I've restarted the TP numerous times, along with other ways trying to isolate this problem, like trying to figure out of a patch could be cause it. I can't stand typing on the TP anymore, although I love the TP with passion fruit guava, more than anyone would understand. I still have my Sprint Pre- with the exception of a couple of refurb insurance swaps!!! I'm really looking into a blue tooth keyboard now which I was considering anyway before I let go of the keyboard problem.

Does anyone have and solution for me?

Also a patch that I believe that would be really cool would be to have, like many other tablets, the letter get large and pop up above your finger so you know you tapped that key. Is there anyone else out there who understands my problems?
    I have the same problem with keys in the dead center of the screen. The Y, B, the center of the space bar. Occasionally the far right is also affected, the backspace and the Apps button on the launcher. I thought it was a software bug that might be fixed in 3.0.5 but it now seems I may need to send it in for repairs.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    try typing slower. This isn't a real keyboard so don't expect 60wpm
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Never seen it. I would also look at any patches that affect tapping and touch sensitivity. If you have them installed, try without. If you don't, trying installing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Dag nabbit! I mean good for you but i was hoping I would get a response saying that someone had this problem and found a solution set. Fi
    I have this problem on a few keys but ONLY when the TP is resting on the sofa, table or when it's in its stand (which holds it at an angle). When it happens I have to press the key harder and/or change the angle at which my finger is pressing it. My theory is that its caused by small flexing of the plastic enclosure causing a few areas of the digitizer to shift slightly away from the glass, (or vice versa).

It does not happen when I have the TP in my lap or am holding it in my hands. Since that's how I use it maybe 95% of the time, I haven't bothered trying to see if changing sensitivity settings make a difference.
    I have this problem with keyboard. And i think this is not a hardware problem, because I also have Android CM9 Alpha 0.6 installed. And there are not problems with Android keyboard.
    If this 'bug' cause hardware problem...the same issue should be in Android also, but there are not any similar problem in Android ICS Alpha 0.6!

So, I think this is a webOS bug or some pathches caouse that...
    I've had a similar problem. I've found that tapping at the top of the "key" seems to be the solution for my device.
    I have this problem also.

This problem seems worse when I try to type on my TP at certain angles. Less of a problem when the TP is flat.

I've noticed that the mapping of the keys may not be perfect. For example, when I hit the 'C' key, it works when I hit left part of the key and not the right side. Some of the other keys have similar issues.

Kinda frustrating but at least I now know not to buy any more HP products (already switched from HP printers to Epson and HP computers to Dell and Sony).
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    (already switched from ... HP computers to Dell and Sony).
    One thing I have learned about computer hardware manufacturers, other than the cases and the motherboards, everything else in the computers are the same from maufacturer to manufacturer and what specific components you get is based on who offered the best deal to the manufacturer that month.

For instance, no matter what brand of PC you buy, your hard drive is going to be Seagate, Maxtor, Conor, or Western Digital depending on the deal of the month. If you really care about the parts in your computer, build your own, or have someone you trust build it for you using the best quality parts and the brands that you trust. Personally I will not store any data I care about on a hard drive made by anyone other than Western Digital. This is based on nearly 20 years of experience with various HDD brands. WD has been the most reliable drive I have ever used.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.