1.    #1  
    Hi, I am new to this stuff. I have a HP touchpad and it has this white triangle with the www.palm.com/ROM website on it. I went to the website and it says I need to log in to my WebOS account that I used when I set up the touchpad. Well, I cant remember what the email or password is. I went to forgot password and I typed in all my email addresses and none of them worked. Can I do the reset thing where I hold down the 3 buttons? Will that let me redo everything or will the white triangle pop up again because I have already tried to turn it off and back on but the triangle keeps coming back up.
    That screen means you need to Doctor your device. The purpose of signing in is so you can get the right doctor. You can skip that part by downloading the Doctor directly from the WebOS Internals page. You'd still need your info to log in to your profile once your Touchpad is up and running again though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Thanks Garrett~ I couldn't think of what the OP was seeing on the screen. The only 'triangle' that came to mind was the yellow one for apps. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mehollaway View Post
    Hi, I am new to this stuff. I have a HP touchpad and it has this white triangle with the www.palm.com/ROM website on it. I went to the website and it says I need to log in to my WebOS account that I used when I set up the touchpad. Well, I cant remember what the email or password is. I went to forgot password and I typed in all my email addresses and none of them worked. Can I do the reset thing where I hold down the 3 buttons? Will that let me redo everything or will the white triangle pop up again because I have already tried to turn it off and back on but the triangle keeps coming back up.

One way or another if you want your apps and data back you will need to collect the correct credentials for your webOS account since the doctor will wipe your device out. Contact webos support by phone or chat and they could help you retrieve the credentials. They WONT give you the password but will at least help you with the email address and pray it wasn't one that you recently deactivated.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....