Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MV1978
  1.    #1  
    I use Outlook to keep a copy of messages received and sent using my Gmail accounts. With my Android phone when I send a message via a Gmail account it downloads onto Outlook when I next connect. With the Touchpad and the same account, my sent messages aren't being downloaded by Outlook.

Does anyone know how I can get the emails sent from the Touchpad to download onto Outlook later using POP3? Thanks.
    Maybe I am slightly confused, why POP3? And shouldn't the sync be happening between outlook and gmail directly?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It sounds like the touchpad is putting sent emails in a different folder than what GMail's default is. In "Preferences and Accounts" for your gmail account (on the touchpad), see what the Default Folder for "Sent" is. It should be "Sent Mail" for Gmail.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. The mail is being from the Touchpad via SMTP, but it should be possible to download the sent item via my POP3 account on my desktop as well (I do this with my phone) so that I have a copy in Outlook of what's been sent from the Touchpad.

Looking at the settings, the option for changing the sent folder (unlike drafts or trash) is greyed out and does appear to be defaulting to the right folder, as I can see sent messages in the normal folder on Gmail when I log into the website.

What's more frustrating is that I know from another user that he's able to download his mail from his Touchpad in the same way I want to, but I can't see any difference in our set-ups!
    Sounds like an issue between gmail and outlook. If the items are showing up sent in gmail web browser, it's not a TouchPad specific issue.

From your posts, the POP3 setup is Outlook downloading from gmail servers, thus no interaction with the TouchPad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sounds like an issue between gmail and outlook. If the items are showing up sent in gmail web browser, it's not a TouchPad specific issue.

From your posts, the POP3 setup is Outlook downloading from gmail servers, thus no interaction with the TouchPad.
    I'd agree, but it works perfectly with my phone which operates on a similar setup. It's only emails from the Touchpad which don't show up later.
    Are you using push with both your phone and touchpad? That's my only other thought, is that gmail is seeing the two devices in slightly different ways.
    Regardless of gmail, that option on your touchpad should not be grayed out. I set mine up as a standard google account and can change it to my heart's content. Did you set it up as a google account or a generic IMAP?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for everyone's input. Based on the assumption that something had gone wrong with the set-up (used the automatic settings for Gmail which appeared okay when checked) I removed the account and added it again using manual settings. The sent items option is now not greyed out, although the default setting is the same and still correct. Magically, though, everything is now working as it should! Thanks again for the help.
    Glad to hear it worked out!