Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Response:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We don't support webOS or the TouchPad at the moment, so we're unable to stream via our site or through Hulu Plus but we'd love to be able to support it in the future. Lots of folks contact us about it, so we definitely know there's a demand.

Before we can support webOS devices, however, we need to obtain a specific set of streaming rights for our content. In addition, we also need agreements in place with our content providers and HP itself.

While there's no official news, if or when webOS support is announced, you'll see it listed at ( Hulu - Plus ).

If there's anything else I can address for you, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Bernie
    Hulu Support
    Forward that on to Meg.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    bluenote likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Forward that on to Meg.
    great idea, suggest to also forward it to the new guy just promoted to run webOS
  4.    #4  
    See, I would gladly forward this stuff on.. And I would forward the OpenMobile information-petition that I found out as well.. But I don't know how to contact Meg or the new guy in charge of WebOS.

If anyone has their information, I will do so Please send it to me if you have it. I think it's the best way to at least get some answers, help etc..
    streaming rights... agreements... that sounds like that will cost $$$... translation... not gonna happen. meg is running webos on the cheap at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Before we can support webOS devices, however, we need to obtain a specific set of streaming rights for our content. In addition, we also need agreements in place with our content providers and HP itself.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Shouldn't the move to open source make the streaming rights moot?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I hope so. As much as I appreciate that hulu fix... I would really not have to resort to such measures.
    lol... uh, no.

someones gonna wanna get paid whether webos is open source or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Shouldn't the move to open source make the streaming rights moot?
    p41m3r likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Forward that on to Meg.
    HP is going to care that something doesn't work on a discontinued WebOS device? Not a chance.
  10.    #10  
    Or some of you can stop the doom & gloom and get me Meg or someone elses contact @ HP.

Also think, that they will make money off every download on a hulu plus app.. Not about losing money.. Might actually make some money.
    c000 likes this.
    Or some of you can stop the doom & gloom and get me Meg or someone elses contact @ HP.

Also think, that they will make money off every download on a hulu plus app.. Not about losing money.. Might actually make some money.
    Check your PM.
  12.    #12  
    Sweet.. Will Email the CEO Sometime today and express what has been said by Bernie @ hulu & the OpenMobile peops..

Maybe i'll get lucky n get a response
    The doom and gloom is that HP discontinued the Touchpad and smart phones. That's reality.
    dignitary likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicatapley View Post
    Uh...aren't all Hulu Plus apps free? It's not doom and gloom to say that you'd be asking HP and Meg to spend a lot of money on something that wouldn't produce one cent of revenue in return. And they're already cutting expenditures across the board.
    I know the android app is free... I thought the Iphone app was a few bucks though (can't remember) I will say that I am willing to spend 2 or 3 bucks for a Hulu App even if i'm paying for their huluplus service... I guess the question is.. Is everyone else willing to pay?

The app in many ways though:
    1. Keeps people using the touchpad
    2. Shows that making apps for the touchpad is worthwhile
    3. I believe HP can make money from this
    4. I believe it keeps people using their touchpads which in return creates
    another day of life for WebOS.
    I mean.. How much could the app cost HP in the first place? It's not like it's a million bucks to get this thing started.
    Response:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We don't support webOS or the TouchPad at the moment, so we're unable to stream via our site or through Hulu Plus but we'd love to be able to support it in the future. Lots of folks contact us about it, so we definitely know there's a demand.

While there's no official news, if or when webOS support is announced, you'll see it listed at ( Hulu - Plus ).

If there's anything else I can address for you, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Bernie
    Hulu Support
    Don't hate Hulu or HP for this, hate the media industry making them going through soo many asinine hurdles at customer's expense.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  16.    #16  
    Emailed Meg and I guess they have an auto response:

Your message is important to me. Although I cannot personally respond to your message due to the volume of messages I receive, I often pass along suggestions and observations to my colleagues throughout Hewlett-Packard. If action is required, I'll have someone follow up.

If you need help, other information, or wish to send an e-mail about particular HP products and services, please visit our Contact HP page.

Sincerely,

Hewlett-Packard Company
    Emailed Meg and I guess they have an auto response:

Your message is important to me. Although I cannot personally respond to your message due to the volume of messages I receive, I often pass along suggestions and observations to my colleagues throughout Hewlett-Packard. If action is required, I'll have someone follow up.

If you need help, other information, or wish to send an e-mail about particular HP products and services, please visit our Contact HP page.

Sincerely,

Hewlett-Packard Company
    That email is actively monitored.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Don't hate Hulu or HP for this, hate the media industry making them going through soo many asinine hurdles at customer's expense.
    Gotta love that a non windows tablet is a "mobile device", but a windows tablet or any OS laptop is not a "mobile device" in terms of licensing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicatapley View Post
    #1 and #4 are identical and meaningless to HP. They've already cleared the stock and aren't particular about what you do with it after that. #3 is already a no-go. Hulu isn't paying to put their app in the App Catalog, and if it was there, it'd be free. Any in-app ad revenue would be theirs alone. Not sure what #2 is supposed to mean. There are already a handful of "big" names on the Touchpad, but that doesn't mean that many app developers believe this is a "worthwhile" platform.

It's not just a matter of will on HP's part. Take Microsoft.....they already have Hulu Plus on the Xbox 360, have huge clout, and are throwing way more money at app development than HP ever will. Still no Hulu Plus app for Windows Phone, even though they have a Netflix one. There are also way more Windows Phone devices being used right now than webOS ones. So if Hulu and Microsoft haven't been able to make it work yet....I don't think we're next in line. :-(
    i hope your wrong
    I wonder how many emails hulu gets from Canadians to make their services available to us lol

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast