Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    when i tap an icon either in the quick launch or in the reg launcher it lights up but nothing else happens. when i plug into the computer nothing. can't power off. can use drop down menu to turn on/off wifi and bluetooth and such. no keyboard when i hit "just type". i am running 3.0.5. i also have uberkernal with govnah clocked at 1.8ghz. and many other patches but nothing too radical. i'm not a hacker so i installed all patches with preware.

any help will be appreciated!
    Try holding the home and power button for 15 seconds. That should restart the TP. See how it is after.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Try holding the home and power button for 15 seconds. That should restart the TP. See how it is after.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    thanks! I didn't know it would restart if you held them down...I just got a series of screenshots b/c I bailed before it restarted...
    I've been noticing this with 3.0.5. At some point, the TP won't open apps. You can get to the launcher and a tap highlights the app like it's going to start but it doesn't. Sometimes, it might launch 2-3 later (if it does at all.)

Right now I am running no patches or OC.

Sure, rebooting will fix it but something has changed in 3.0.5. Overall it seems a tad snappier than 3.0.4 but I think it added some new problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    I've been noticing this with 3.0.5. At some point, the TP won't open apps. You can get to the launcher and a tap highlights the app like it's going to start but it doesn't. Sometimes, it might launch 2-3 later (if it does at all.)

Right now I am running no patches or OC.

Sure, rebooting will fix it but something has changed in 3.0.5. Overall it seems a tad snappier than 3.0.4 but I think it added some new problems.
    I've noticed this too. Since the encounter is rare I haven't put much thought into it with all the mods I have. I guess I'll start staring at my log files when this happens next.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I've also gotten this to happen on my Touchpad. Reboot seems to help as a short term fix.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Got a feeling it has something to do with app installs/upgrades. I think that was the last time this happened to me.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I have noticed this once or twice also. Another thing I saw last night that may be related....when a Facebook update appears in the notification area at the top right of the screen, tapping it will not launch the Facebook app.
    Yeah, the notifications in my Facebook app don't seem to reflect what I see in the web version anymore.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html