1.    #1  
    Dear community!

So finally, after two months with my Touchpad, here's my first post in this great forum. But first, i would like to thank all members of the community and developers of patches for their great efforts in keeping webOS and the Touchpad alive!

Does anyone of you know if there is rsync available under webOS 3.x for comfortable transfer and syncing of files/directories from the Touchpad to other devices? As far as i found out, it was available for webOS 2.x through optware.

Cheers!
    Well most use SSH through desktop apps like Filezilla, just have to setup a key on the touchpad through terminal and copy it to the computer for filezilla to use.

To use actual rsync check this out:

Backing Up via Rsync - WebOS Internals
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply! I also stumbled across that WebOS Internals page but understood it that way that this was about Palm Pre and webOS 2.x? Actually, there is no /etc/rsyncd.conf as there is no rsync demon installed under webOS 3 by default.
    I forgot to mention in my previous post that i would access rsync from the command line/console/xtrem, just like on other Linux systems and i am aware of the general syntax of the rsync command.
    Honestly haven't used rsync since the release of the touchpad, been using ssh/sftp via filezilla

Anyone wants to be a lab rat?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....