1.    #1  
    Not sure when it started, seems to be shortly after 3.0.5, but it is darn near unusable now.

The progress bar stops about an inch from the left of the screen's edge, and holds there for quite a long time, sometimes loading, sometimes giving me the "unable to load page" message.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've updated all my patches that can be updated, muffled system logging, and done everything I had done before when I was happy with the browser.

Thinking of starting from scratch, but don't want to unless I have to.
    I did experience it, had the usual patches, overclocking, etc and CM9. The only thing that had changed recently for me was installing CM9. Since removal, I haven't noticed the terrible slowdowns.....we're talking in excess of 30 seconds to load a page.

I agree starting from scratch kind of sucks, but I ended up doing it anyway....took close to 3 hours total, (complete Doctor and re-downloading/installing a large number of apps.)
    I did experience it, had the usual patches, overclocking, etc and CM9. The only thing that had changed recently for me was installing CM9. Since removal, I haven't noticed the terrible slowdowns.....we're talking in excess of 30 seconds to load a page.

I agree starting from scratch kind of sucks, but I ended up doing it anyway....took close to 3 hours total, (complete Doctor and re-downloading/installing a large number of apps.)
    I'm having some issues with the Advance Browser off and on also. Happened the same way, after updating patches and installing CM9. I just don't see how CM9 could be effecting the browser. There has to be something screwy with the patches.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    Not sure when it started, seems to be shortly after 3.0.5, but it is darn near unusable now.

The progress bar stops about an inch from the left of the screen's edge, and holds there for quite a long time, sometimes loading, sometimes giving me the "unable to load page" message.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've updated all my patches that can be updated, muffled system logging, and done everything I had done before when I was happy with the browser.

Thinking of starting from scratch, but don't want to unless I have to.
    My battery life sucks now too. It's like there's something running in the background, eating memory and battery life.

Damn, may have to go back to scratch.
    I had the same problem too. Mine turned out to be Google syncing since the update. It was hanging....taking forever to sync and I supposed hogging bandwidth. I used wTerm and ran the "top" command and saw that it was spiking the processor. Govnah showed one core running at 100% and hanging there. That was also eating my battery. It would loose 20% an hour just sitting there.

I deleted the Google account and remade it and it went away. The battery is back, about 3% loss\hr sitting with having only to charge once a day or less and Advanced Browser is working fine again.
    Last edited by gaitch32; 02/02/2012 at 02:45 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    I had the same problem too. Mine turned out to be Google syncing since the update. It was hanging....taking forever to sync and I supposed hogging bandwidth. I used wTerm and ran the "top" command and saw that it was spiking the processor. Govnah showed one core running at 100% and hanging there. That was also eating my battery. It would loose 20% an hour just sitting there.

I deleted the Google account and remade it and it went away. The battery is back, about 3% loss\hr sitting with having only to charge once a day or less and Advanced Browser is working fine again.
    So it was your gmail accounts or was it just your google account syncing on your home page?

Thanks by the way. I hope this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    So it was your gmail accounts or was it just your google account syncing on your home page?

Thanks by the way. I hope this works.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. It was the account in settings. That took it out of email, calendar, contacts, etc. After I set it up again and turned everything on it was fine.

It wasn't anything to do with the browser but I think because it was hanging while trying to sync it was causing problems with anything that had to do with the internet.