Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. paulm64's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #1  
    I hope this isn't old news but I just got an email from Amazon and they have the 16gb and 32gb Touchpads. Get'em while you can!

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=2J...bosnation0e-20
  2. #2  
    I got mine from Amazon. They are still available but dont look for a 99 dollar price tag.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  3. #3  
    Ouch. A bit high, (there's "More buying choices, on the right, if you want to take a chance). I've been kicking myself since passing on the woot! offerings. I'm definitely going to get another one, I just don't know from where.
    You plug your phone in?
  4. #4  
    Yeah.. those prices are indeed pretty high. I got a white 64 gig Touchpad from Ebay for about 70 more than the 32s are going for, and it came with a case / screen protectors. So this deal is not too hot.
  5. #5  
    There are lots of them available but nothing cheap. I think it's day is done.
  6. #6  
    I think a few will show up in a wootoff 2-3 months from now. There's bound to be some returns or cancellations on 5000 units.
    Who would have ever thought woot could score that many.
    You plug your phone in?
  7. #7  
    Holy...for a second I was excited. GFs never gonna OK that purchase.
  8. Aganar's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #8  
    For that much there are better tablets out there. Don't get me wrong, I love my Touchpad, but I love it because I paid a budget price for it. Had I actually paid $500-600 for it, I'd be pretty disappointed; as the CNET review summed up nicely, it's an iPad1 competitor in a post-iPad2 market.

    The woot sale prices were just about right for what I think this thing is worth. Amazon's are too high--and the people paying $500 for a 4G Touchpad, however rare, are just nuts.
  9. #9  
    For that much there are better tablets out there. Don't get me wrong, I love my Touchpad, but I love it because I paid a budget price for it. Had I actually paid $500-600 for it, I'd be pretty disappointed; as the CNET review summed up nicely, it's an iPad1 competitor in a post-iPad2 market.

    The woot sale prices were just about right for what I think this thing is worth. Amazon's are too high--and the people paying $500 for a 4G Touchpad, however rare, are just nuts.

    The Amazon prices are high, that's for sure, but that is only due to the pricing that we saw during the firesale. If HP had been selling the TouchPad for 250/300-325, it still would have sold well. Its all about expectations. The touchpad has always been viewed as good, not great, but at 250/325 it could easily beat competitor tablets, like the galaxy tab and the xoom in terms of performance to price. Things probably would have ended up quite differently.

    I love my Touchpad(s) as well :-).


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  10. #10  
    Even though the price is low for a tablet. I am not going to pay that price when they got them for $150.00 in bulk. Especiailly since it kept me from acquiring one at the "fire sell" price.
    Just_Jay
  11. Aganar's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    The Amazon prices are high, that's for sure, but that is only due to the pricing that we saw during the firesale. If HP had been selling the TouchPad for 250/300-325, it still would have sold well. Its all about expectations. The touchpad has always been viewed as good, not great, but at 250/325 it could easily beat competitor tablets, like the galaxy tab and the xoom in terms of performance to price. Things probably would have ended up quite differently.

    I love my Touchpad(s) as well :-).


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Once it passes $300, it's starting to go from great value to standard/mediocre. We got my brother a refurbed Acer Iconia 500 for $300 at X-mas. For all intents and purposes the Iconia is a better tablet than the Touchpad in nearly every way: faster processor, HDMI out, expandible memory slot, full-sized USB slot (meaning you can sync data using a flashdrive or plug-in a regular keyboard/mouse and not have to worry about bluetooth pairing), etc. Other than the fact that the TP is slightly thinner, the only advantage TP has over it is the fact that Iconia is running Honeycomb while my TP runs an unofficial ICS build. And while I'd still say I can do pretty much anything he can do at comparable speeds--except for run some of those games that were designed to show off the Tegra chip--there's still the fact that his runs Android natively mine is an unofficial dualboot. I'm willing to bet a very large number of TP users load a Cyanogenmod boot of some sort onto their TP's, but the fact remains that webOS is still the default OS, meaning those not tech-savy (and isn't that whom HP was hoping to woo?) probably won't use it, and are subjected to webOS's barren app catalog.

    As you have said, it is completely about pricing and expectations. And for $100-250 dollars, the TP has an awesome price-to-quality ratio. We should not get this confused, however, with overall quality, as we must keep in mind that the Touchpad had a subpar price-to-quality ratio when it launched at $500 with iPad1-comparable specs. And like standard PC hardware, "top of the line" hardware becomes obsolete after six months. It was a steal at $99-$150 six months ago (I paid $200 due to Craigslist markup--I'd still say it was a steal). But at $300 now, you've got better options, especially if you're planning to load Android onto it. $500 now will still buy you a current top-of-the-line tablet, while the top-of-the-lines when the Touchpad launched can be found now for $300-400.
  12. #12  
    As pass $300, I don't consider to buy another HP TP, maybe could turn and go for a Kindle Fire.
  13. Sylo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane66 View Post
    As pass $300, I don't consider to buy another HP TP, maybe could turn and go for a Kindle Fire.
    I love webOS and the touchpad, but I do have to say, the Kindle Fire is pretty nice. I heard a lot of people bashing it, but in my experience, it wasn't a bad device. Screens to small for my liking, but if I wouldn't have been able to buy a touchpad, I would have considered that.
  14. #14  
    Why in the wide wide world of sports would anyone want to get a second or third of this tablet which is outdated? I dont understand it. I bought a fire sale 32 gb for 149 from bb and its ok. But i use my ipad2 all the time and the tp just sometimes for backup etc i do think that the tp os is better than ios5 on the ipad but the ipad now does flash etc etc. Why anyone would pay over $300 for one of these is mindboggling to me. With the ipad 3 due any day now with a suoerior screen quad power etc for $399 and the ipad 2 dropping in price to around $299, its a no brainer. I'm not an apple fan boy just an intellegent consumer.
  15. #15  
    There are still lots of people selling touchpad on Craigslist. I see less new-in-box now (naturally) and more are used.

    Then we have these people posting "want to buy" ads on Craigslist looking for Touchpads... who's playing the games here? I scoff.


    Looking for 2 16, or 32 gig touchpads.

    i can offer $100 for the 16 gig, and $125 for the 32 gig
    no games, no bull****,
    you want to sell your touchpad, i want to buy it.
    no games please.
  16. #16  
    And what r u selling them for and where?


    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    There are still lots of people selling touchpad on Craigslist. I see less new-in-box now (naturally) and more are used.

    Then we have these people posting "want to buy" ads on Craigslist looking for Touchpads... who's playing the games here? I scoff.


    Looking for 2 16, or 32 gig touchpads.

    i can offer $100 for the 16 gig, and $125 for the 32 gig
    no games, no bull****,
    you want to sell your touchpad, i want to buy it.
    no games please.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Why in the wide wide world of sports would anyone want to get a second or third of this tablet which is outdated? I dont understand it. I bought a fire sale 32 gb for 149 from bb and its ok. But i use my ipad2 all the time and the tp just sometimes for backup etc i do think that the tp os is better than ios5 on the ipad but the ipad now does flash etc etc. Why anyone would pay over $300 for one of these is mindboggling to me. With the ipad 3 due any day now with a suoerior screen quad power etc for $399 and the ipad 2 dropping in price to around $299, its a no brainer. I'm not an apple fan boy just an intellegent consumer.
    I don't believe ipad3's will be $399. Right now, the ipad2 is about $450 on Amazon, and that's for a 16GB model. Why do you think the iPad3 will be priced at $399?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Posting Permissions