webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TP needs daily re-boot
TP needs daily re-boot
Like Tree12Likes

Old 11/17/2012, 04:40 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It looks like your database is damaged, at least an entry with your email account. Have you tried the utility on the previous page?
I used the DB_recover tool and got pretty much the same output from your instructions. I restarted and still blank for webos account info. When I select the webos account in the Accounts app I get an error "we were unable to locate your account information. Visit http://hpwebos.com/support for more information." I noticed that the backup did not run last night. Its like I have no connection to my WebOS account even though I can log into it on HP's website. Should I just reinstall WebOS?
lkhbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 08:27 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkhbryant View Post
I used the DB_recover tool and got pretty much the same output from your instructions. I restarted and still blank for webos account info. When I select the webos account in the Accounts app I get an error "we were unable to locate your account information. Visit http://hpwebos.com/support for more information." I noticed that the backup did not run last night. Its like I have no connection to my WebOS account even though I can log into it on HP's website. Should I just reinstall WebOS?
I seem to have fixed my email issues by completely removing all accounts from the TP and adding them back. I can't do the same for my webOS account as it keeps giving me an error when selected. I hope I still have all my accounts and WiFi in the morning!. Anyone have suggestions on how to reset my webOS account?
Old 11/17/2012, 09:42 PM   #83 (permalink)

You can try removing the first run flags in /var/luna/preferences, then rerun the First Run app (a reboot should do). It'll reinitialize your webOS Account on your device, and do a backup restore (though it may cause duplicate entries).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 08:59 AM   #84 (permalink)

That was a bad idea. Now I cant get passed the login screen. It asks for my account information and then just clocks. I even tried setting up a new account but no luck. Now it wont connect via usb to my computer either (did fine yesterday). I hear the ding on my computer that it connected and it assigns a drive letter but wont let me access it. I can use android (I added it many months back but really like WebOS better so never use it) but still no usb connection to the computer. Ugh!
Old 11/18/2012, 05:09 PM   #85 (permalink)

I finally got doctor to run. Then I fought with it to get through the sign on screen (kept dropping wifi/network connections). Now I have to figure out what I lost when I doctored it and am still having wifi issues but the webos account information is back and I have my contacts back. I have to wonder if I had gone away for a long weekend and left this thing at home I may have never had any issues and whatever was wrong would have resolved itself on its own.
Old 12/08/2012, 08:35 AM   #86 (permalink)

I get daily my accounts ifo lost (no email accounts, no contacts etc).
So far I must reboot and all accounts appear back.
I have HP Pre3, UK model, now in Germany.
I get this wird symptoms since cca 2 months ago.
I tried db_recover, I will report if it helped
I can remember I installed couple of apps, and when testing some, I had to reboot the device by pulling out the battery. This might led to db corruption, I dont know.
I uninstalled all recently installed apps since it emerged, no help...
This is very sad..
(PS: I can remember, my alarms deleting itself/getting lost since day 1 I got Pre3)
babeliak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2012, 12:12 PM   #87 (permalink)

ever since I used the Dr I have not had any issues with daily reboots. I loaded preware back on and did some tweaks but have not added Android back yet. So the problems were either caused by one of the patches that I had added the first time around but not the second or by Android.
Old 12/09/2012, 11:16 AM   #88 (permalink)

this morning was Pre3 again without accounts: it looses accounts info, data, email accounts, contacts etc.
db_recover did not help, anyway thank you for your work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg db_recover_consolescreenshot.jpg (109.6 KB, 9 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/09/2012, 12:46 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeliak View Post
this morning was Pre3 again without accounts: it looses accounts info, data, email accounts, contacts etc.
db_recover did not help, anyway thank you for your work
When it happens again, can you capture a log while using db_recover? I want to see how mojodb responds to a fixed database.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/09/2012, 03:45 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
When it happens again, can you capture a log while using db_recover? I want to see how mojodb responds to a fixed database.
Do you mean that I should start logging, then run db_recover procedure and then after it's finished export the log?
Old 12/09/2012, 04:19 PM   #91 (permalink)

Yes.
Old 12/12/2012, 02:51 AM   #92 (permalink)

Interesting thing happened tonight:
I entered flight mode (all radios off) last evening and went to bed (about 22:00)
Then today morning everything was fine accounts there, email and contacts data as well.
I noticed I still have flight mode on..
As soon as I have turned radios on ( have left/quit flight mode) accounts and data got lost and I needed to reboot the phone to get them back.
Liked by shanpalm61 likes this.
Old 12/12/2012, 11:22 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeliak View Post
Interesting thing happened tonight:
I entered flight mode (all radios off) last evening and went to bed (about 22:00)
Then today morning everything was fine accounts there, email and contacts data as well.
I noticed I still have flight mode on..
As soon as I have turned radios on ( have left/quit flight mode) accounts and data got lost and I needed to reboot the phone to get them back.
That is very interesting.. Kind of makes me think its in the back up but I'm not even close to being a tech. I hope GMMan sees your post. I'm still having the same problem myself.
Thanks for sharing.
shanpalm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 07:42 AM   #94 (permalink)

I just did the logging, which GMMan asked for, pasted the log into a new file in Internalz Pro, hit save and it hangs there for several minutes now, with menu still opened and "saving ... 0%" frozen in the background
Old 12/13/2012, 07:56 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
That is very interesting.. Kind of makes me think its in the back up but I'm not even close to being a tech. I hope GMMan sees your post. I'm still having the same problem myself.
Thanks for sharing.
I agree.
I checked that back-up that morning and the back-up app was showing as last back-up the date/time just after I turned the radios on on that morning.... which gave loss of accounts/data/info on the phone in the end.
Old 12/13/2012, 11:42 AM   #96 (permalink)

Hmm... Interesting. I know one thing about backups: it'll ask the database to do a JSON dump, so maybe that trips things up.
Old 12/18/2012, 11:34 AM   #97 (permalink)

I am also having issues with daily reboot in my touchpad. I have tried different things, hard reset, disable backup, disable wi-fi, check partition sizes, cleanup temporary files, but no luck. When I did the hard reset, it seemed to have fixed the issue, but the same problems came back after a few days. From my experience this has nothing to do with android or preware patches, as I had a stock TP when this started.

I did notice the issue starts around 1:00am EST and mojodb-luna process stays on consuming around 90% of CPU, although no lag when using touchpad. The process will stay with high usage until I reboot, no matter if I wait until the morning or do it immediatelly. I have been trying to narrow down the issue, but apparently it starts with DB cleanup.

I will try DB_RECOVERY and if does not work, doctor my touchpad.
va20171 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: shanpalm61
Old 12/18/2012, 10:04 PM   #98 (permalink)

I bought my touchpad in august and and have had these exact problems with webOS for the past couple months. I'm not sure, but I don't remember having to do a daily reset for the first month or so when I first bought it. In addition, my synergy accounts are: Facebook, dropbox, and two email accounts, all of which do not load until a reboot, which again is daily. Dropbox and the two email accounts are set up mainly with the preinstalled officeHD app, which also will not load the accounts or any saved documents on the touchpad. Other things that don't work are the accounts under settings in the launcher (doesn't load), calender, system updates (in launcher>settings), memos, maps, messaging, contacts, and music, all of which return to normal after a reboot. There is no noticeable data loss after the reboot, its just annoying and somewhat worrying. I also have installed preware with multiple patches and apps, etc. On a side note, Comics HD, does not load the comics I have favorited, even though that app seems to have no connection/conversation with synergy. It didn't even require and account. It's weird because that is the only app that I have found out of the 3rd party apps that I've downloaded to have the problem. I also have Apollo (Pandora client for TP) which does use my Pandora account, but is not affected by these problems. I'm just glad I finally found a forum with people who are having the same problem and who seem to know what they are doing. I know technology fairly well, but very little of the software coding, etc.
I also have not found and sensible pattern to when this occurs, other than it is daily. But I have not used lumberjack or wterm; I'm not as tech savvy as most of you, and I don't know where to find it.
knightjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 10:06 PM   #99 (permalink)

And what is this Doctor thing I keep hearing? Sounds complex and risky.
knightjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 10:49 PM   #100 (permalink)

The underlying problem is MojoDB, which is used by most apps that need to store persistent data. Synergy also uses MojoDB to keep track of things, just as Comics HD uses it to store favorites.

Both Lumberjack and wTerm are available from Preware. Lumberjack is a log viewer, and wTerm is a terminal emulator with virtual full keyboard. webOS Doctor is the recovery tool used in case the TouchPad cannot be booted.
Thanked By: knightjorb

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0