Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 248
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by zzapper View Post
    Hi
    Well it was tricky to test if backup was the problem because it seems to re-enable itself. But in the end I've decided that backup was not guilty. However if I disconnect wifi then I don't have to reboot.
    that's good to know! Thanks, Maybe we will get this figured out. So now it seems something is accessing our Touchpads with out permission and clearing our accounts. I'm just guessing. One of my accounts is Facebook that gets cleared out. I'll log out of it tonight and see what happens.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    that's good to know! Thanks, Maybe we will get this figured out. So now it seems something is accessing our Touchpads with out permission and clearing our accounts. I'm just guessing. One of my accounts is Facebook that gets cleared out. I'll log out of it tonight and see what happens.
    I turned off Facebook and still had to reboot.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    I turned off Facebook and still had to reboot.
    last night I turned off my wifi and this morning my accounts where gone so I had to reboot.
  4. #44  
    Had WiFI for days and have not needed to reboot in all that time. Will try reconnecting it after tomorrow.
  5. #45  
    last night I waited up until I lost my accounts. A couple weeks ago I did this and they dropped at 1:38 am. Last night they dropped at 1:48 am pacific time. I rebooted last night and my accounts came back. This morning they where still there but all of my email icons where gone as well as my email account. This is getting weird... Do we have a ticked off developer screwing with us?
    As it is I still have a Staples full warranty but I don't know that they have tech support the manager has told me to just call and they will send me a new Touchpad but I'm not into that unless its broke and I want to know what the heck is going on... I don't keep anything on this thing anyone would want except letters to my doctor as I'm disabled and I write her everyday so its not like I'm going to lose a bank account or business things like the rest of you. Someone is screwing with us and unfortunately I don't like being laughed at. Our tech team just got something like 12,000.00. What are they doing with it... Maybe Derek can investigate this for us. The last time I wrote him about this he said I should doctor but I read most of all the forums and they say not to doctor unless all else fails. Myself I don't have a pc to doctor anyway. I really feel those of us that are having this problem have downloaded something in common and triggered something. I wish I was tech smart and could go thru everything and find the person responsible for this little game they are playing. I really like webOS and my scratched up pre minus and Touchpad but this is going on way too long. I want to thank you all that are having this problem and trying to help. It shows there are a few of us are still trying to make it work.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by zzapper View Post
    Had WiFI for days and have not needed to reboot in all that time. Will try reconnecting it after tomorrow.
    Last night found my alarms and music had disappeared! This DESPITE the fact I've had wifi off for most of the week.

    Has NOBODY found a solution to this?
  7. #47  
    The main hurdle to figuring out this problem is trying to reproduce it consistently within a short amount of time. Anyone tried changing the time close to when the problem starts happening and see if it actually happens? Or, could someone do a day-long log capture and comb through it?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    The main hurdle to figuring out this problem is trying to reproduce it consistently within a short amount of time. Anyone tried changing the time close to when the problem starts happening and see if it actually happens? Or, could someone do a day-long log capture and comb through it?
    I did last night with lumberjack I took some screen captures. How do I post them its very interesting.
  9. #49  
    Are they in text form or image form? If text, check my signature for how to post logs. If image, they're in the screencaptures folder when you connect to your computer and enable USB Drive mode.
  10. #50  
    GMMan, how do I private message you.
    <staff edit>
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/22/2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: removed e-mail address from post, to PM click on a users name
  11. #51  
    to all here I'm not trying to be secretive etc trying to contact GMman private, I'm disabled and I've found somethings last night I don't understand but he will and I'm sure he can help better if I can get him this info from lumberjack. It actually frightened me as it went crazy. I'm not trying to hide it I just want to make sure I'm not a dumb ****. But I do believe I found something. If you download lumberjack and start watching it a couple minutes before the crash you will see what I saw.
    lumberjack went crazy, it was going so fast showing errors before it lost my accounts. It even read PANIC! At one point....
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Are they in text form or image form? If text, check my signature for how to post logs. If image, they're in the screencaptures folder when you connect to your computer and enable USB Drive mode.
    I don't have a pc but I can email you the screen captures.
  13. #53  
    From shanpalm61's screenshots, they indicate that there is database corruption going on. The way this prevents apps from working is because many of the stock apps depends on app databases. mojodb-luna provides access to the databases. What happens is the database somehow gets corrupted (probably from previous problems), the database service detects the inconsistency, and then shuts down. With the service unavailable, apps can't populate the data it needs, and what you see is a blank display.

    At this point the most important thing is to attempt recovery of the database to prevent further corruption. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem webOS includes a database recovery utility. From the error messages it seems the database format used is Berkley DB, and they have a tool called db_recover that is designed for this purpose. I'm researching into how to get a copy of db_recover working.

    Guesses to possible causes of the corruption most clearly points to improper shutdown. That said, NEVER turn off/restart your device using the hardware reset combination. That leaves corrupted files, unclean file systems, and possibly corrupted databases. Even if Luna enters a loop, shell in to the device and 'poweroff' from there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  14. #54  
    OK, I've built a copy of db_recover that will run on the TouchPad. Please note running db_recover may result in data loss for those database entries which may be invalid. Here's the procedure:

    1. Download a copy of db_recover and save it to your TP's media partition. That means enter USB Drive mode, and save the linked file on to the TP. Alternatively, download it directly from your TP, and it will be in /media/internal/downloads. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29365870/db_recover
    2. Open a shell session to the TP, either using the computer or on the device itself. I have covered this in my lock screen password removal tutorial linked in my signature. If you're running on-device, elevate yourself to root using 'su'.
    3. Execute the following code:
      Code:
      /sbin/initctl stop mojodb
      cd /media/internal/path/to/where/db_recover/is
      ./db_recover -v -f -h /var/db/
      /sbin/initctl start mojodb
      where path/to/where/db_recover/is is the path to the folder db_recover is in. That means if you put it on the root of the USB Drive, just leave the path as /media/internal. Otherwise, append the path to /media/internal/. Note that the Phone & Video Calls app may open when you stop the database. I don't know why it happens, but just ignore it.


    You should get output that look something like this:

    Code:
    Finding last valid log LSN: file: 1237 offset 131699
    recovery 1% completeRecovery starting from [1237][131543]
    recovery 68% completeRecovery complete at Sat Oct 20 21:11:34 2012
    Maximum transaction ID 80000149 Recovery checkpoint [1237][131699]
    If there are no errors, that means your database was recovered as complete as possible.

    Try this out, and tell me if the database crashes again the next day.

    db_recover is built from Berkeley DB 4.8.30, source available at http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.tar.gz. webOS 3.0.5 uses version 4.8.26, which is no longer available for download. I went with the closest version.
  15. #55  
    I had a strange problem with my Palm Pre -, and I'm wondering if it's related to this problem. I was using the camera app and suddenly my pre crashed and rebooted. When it started back up it presented me with the EULA. After that things seemed normal but I did have to sign in to several of my apps again. Does this sound like a similar problem? Also, will the db recovery tool work with a creeky old pre-?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    OK, I've built a copy of db_recover that will run on the TouchPad. Please note running db_recover may result in data loss for those database entries which may be invalid. Here's the procedure:

    1. Download a copy of db_recover and save it to your TP's media partition. That means enter USB Drive mode, and save the linked file on to the TP. Alternatively, download it directly from your TP, and it will be in /media/internal/downloads. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29365870/db_recover
    2. Open a shell session to the TP, either using the computer or on the device itself. I have covered this in my lock screen password removal tutorial linked in my signature. If you're running on-device, elevate yourself to root using 'su'.
    3. Execute the following code:
      Code:
      /sbin/initctl stop mojodb
      cd /media/internal/path/to/where/db_recover/is
      ./db_recover -v -f -h /var/db/
      /sbin/initctl start mojodb
      where path/to/where/db_recover/is is the path to the folder db_recover is in. That means if you put it on the root of the USB Drive, just leave the path as /media/internal. Otherwise, append the path to /media/internal/. Note that the Phone & Video Calls app may open when you stop the database. I don't know why it happens, but just ignore it.


    You should get output that look something like this:

    Code:
    Finding last valid log LSN: file: 1237 offset 131699
    recovery 1% completeRecovery starting from [1237][131543]
    recovery 68% completeRecovery complete at Sat Oct 20 21:11:34 2012
    Maximum transaction ID 80000149 Recovery checkpoint [1237][131699]
    If there are no errors, that means your database was recovered as complete as possible.

    Try this out, and tell me if the database crashes again the next day.

    db_recover is built from Berkeley DB 4.8.30, source available at http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.tar.gz. webOS 3.0.5 uses version 4.8.26, which is no longer available for download. I went with the closest version.
    hi, i have same issue with my touchpad for the last several weeks. GMM, could u provide a more direct link to how to open a shell session? im not very techie bright, but i follow directions well, and would like to try this and see if it fixes the problem
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by toka498 View Post
    hi, i have same issue with my touchpad for the last several weeks. GMM, could u provide a more direct link to how to open a shell session? im not very techie bright, but i follow directions well, and would like to try this and see if it fixes the problem
    Follow steps 1 and 2 to open a shell from a computer. http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=309660
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    OK, I've built a copy of db_recover that will run on the TouchPad. Please note running db_recover may result in data loss for those database entries which may be invalid.

    db_recover is built from Berkeley DB 4.8.30, source available at http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.tar.gz. webOS 3.0.5 uses version 4.8.26, which is no longer available for download. I went with the closest version.
    I know we are deprecated, but is the a chance building this for webOS 2.2.4? Not that there is a case i know atm, but if it's build now with your "still fresh knowledge" we would have it when the time comes.

    [update: downloaded this TP version for archiving - ask if you need it in future and link is down]
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I know we are deprecated, but is the a chance building this for webOS 2.2.4? Not that there is a case i know atm, but if it's build now with your "still fresh knowledge" we would have it when the time comes.

    [update: downloaded this TP version for archiving - ask if you need it in future and link is down]
    Actually, the TP version could work on 2.2.4. I just checked the Berkeley DB version on the emulator, and it's version 4.8.x. The compiler toolchain is old enough that it's likely the same libraries are used for all webOS builds. The tool should work, based purely on DB library version and toolchain age. (I remember PDK apps will work for any older webOS devices as long as the app was designed for that device.)
  20. #60  
    While not having exactly the same problem, I figured it couldn't hurt to try this. All the steps to DB_Recover went fine with similar output to yours. No benefit to my mother's touchpad's problem. Yes, I even reset after running it.

    The email app has been forgetting her account regularly. It would still be listed as an account, but would not be set to default account and could not be without adding a new account or resetting. Resetting worked, at first, but would forget again the next day. Now the problem is worse. It is now impossible to erase emails and the the touchpad does not appear to be receiving new emails correctly either. Even the trash cannot be emptied. Nothing happens at all when you empty it. You can swipe to delete, but when you look again the message is still there despite having briefly disappeared when you swiped.

    Also, her kindle app frequently fails to display anything on the screen when she uses it without a reboot.

    because it was suggested, I checked and /var is not full

    Looking at Lumberjack I see a lot of RenderRow errors for email.

    I did install android, but that was only after the touchpad was doing the account forgetting. It is probably not releted.

    "Cannot call method 'renderRow' of undefined

    "Cannot call method 'render' of undefined

    also Resource Load Cancelled
    WebView error 1000
    I think those are just from the email app themselves, however rather than the problem.

    Update: I did get one new email on the touchpad after the db recover. I was able to delete that email and remove it from trash. However, emails that were on there before the db recover cannot be deleted or even moved to trash, which cannot be emptied.

    After sending a test email to the touchpad, I can delete that to trash, but empty trash will not remove the email. Manually deleting the email in trash, did work, but as before, no other email can be deleted.
    Last edited by tannim; 10/23/2012 at 09:09 PM.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions