Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    My TP has never been patched or Dr'd. Last week it started doing the blank bookmarks and Email thing for no reason. The ONLY difference I have made to it was I closed my FB account a few weeks ago. It has run great for 2 years now and this suddenly starts happening. Will it go away as some did? Has anyone ever had it go away on it's own? Could trying to access FB be doing something to it?
    I had this happen over a month ago and have not been able to fix it. It seems to affect just about everything. Can't get alarms to sound, the back up program, doesn't seem to work, and if I try to access my accounts, they come up blank and fail to load. Probably many other things. All seems normal after a reset, but it does it again at some late night hour. I downloaded Preset Reset, but often this problem happens and prohibits this program from resetting my TP. I am thinking a Dr might be the only solution. Very strange issue.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I had this happen over a month ago and have not been able to fix it. It seems to affect just about everything. Can't get alarms to sound, the back up program, doesn't seem to work, and if I try to access my accounts, they come up blank and fail to load. Probably many other things. All seems normal after a reset, but it does it again at some late night hour. I downloaded Preset Reset, but often this problem happens and prohibits this program from resetting my TP. I am thinking a Dr might be the only solution. Very strange issue.
    Mine did this for almost a year. I tried everything, worked with a few techs on here as well. The only remedy that finally worked was to remove all my pictures etc and run doctor. I then very selectively added a few extras from Preware. I have not had ONE problem in six months. Doctoring is a pain yes but it seems to be the only cure. My facebook account is fine as well but I do not share my personal information on it and never have. I have not re initialized Skype since either. I only use my Touchpad for internet and secure email and Facebook now. I don't use Box or anything like it. HP gave up on this tablet a long time ago and its open sourced so be careful what you use it for after you doctor it. GOOD LUCK!
    Mine has been doing this for several months now. I figured when I have the time I will pay a visit to the Dr. Then... all of a sudden... this week... it started working normally again. I didn't do anything different to it. The only thing different is I started using an Android phone and my Veers have been powered down for a week or so. I wonder if something was happening between the 2 backups each night to mess up the Touchpad.
    Just wondering, is this rebooting only required for users with 2 devices on the same profile? BTW my phone is signed in to my account but initialized with Dr First Use.
    Thread necromancy time... From the looks of this thread, it appears that this problem was never solved without performing a full erase or doctor?

My 32GB Touchpad started doing this recently, and I was finally able to capture the logs in time to capture the initial error message, confirming that it is the same problem. Since it still works after a reboot and seems to have no ill effects, I am going to hold off doing anything harsh, and see if it can't be repaired.
    Hi, I also would be interested in a solution of this problem as my TP does behave like described above: It seems that it happens about 0:00 h at night that all contacts are gone, no access to emails, the favorite-list of the browser is empty and all my pictures & videos are gone. After restart everything is fine.

Best regards Olli
    count me in. About 2 - 3 weeks ago mine started doing the same. I removed all the recently installed patches and programs but it didn't help. Ran a scan with tailor no help. I guess I am going to have to doctor it. I hope Hp won't close the door on us. I have Android installed, perhaps I should try a different rom or go back to the old one.
    @ Grabber5.0 (302) lets us know if you have a fix. I had to doctor one of my TP twice over the course of 6 months.

Any luck with fixing the weather channel radar problem? I have been emailing and calling them with no results. Thanks.

KB
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    No luck so far, but I'm determined not to doctor it. It has never been doctored once in all these years, and I don't intend to go down without a fight.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213