1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    after being gifted a pogo sketch pro for christmas, I've been trying to use it on my Touchpad with mixed results. Actually, the responsiveness in WebOS is pretty much terrible. Writing is useless too because it seems like there's a half second delay between when I start drawing or writing and when the screen starts taking input. Could this be some sort of accidental tap protection built into WebOS?
    I'm wondering why WebOS because when I dual boot into Android, the responsiveness is much better and I can actually use it for taking notes or doodling...
    what gives?
    Try some of the patches out there that increases the touchscreen sensitivity. By default, the device has a large radius to accommodate fidgety fat fingers of 24px but patches out there drop that as low as 10px.

It is tap protection that is blocking you.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1171 View Post
    Hey all,
    after being gifted a pogo sketch pro for christmas, I've been trying to use it on my Touchpad with mixed results. Actually, the responsiveness in WebOS is pretty much terrible. Writing is useless too because it seems like there's a half second delay between when I start drawing or writing and when the screen starts taking input. Could this be some sort of accidental tap protection built into WebOS?
    I'm wondering why WebOS because when I dual boot into Android, the responsiveness is much better and I can actually use it for taking notes or doodling...
    what gives?
    yes, that was also my experience. on my htc phone, everything was superb. on TP, there was a delay or the line started with an offset... and that was the best scenario. other times it would just not register the pen (for example when used for keypad tapping). I concluded webOS is just crap and plan to install Android when stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
    yes, that was also my experience. on my htc phone, everything was superb. on TP, there was a delay or the line started with an offset... and that was the best scenario. other times it would just not register the pen (for example when used for keypad tapping). I concluded webOS is just crap and plan to install Android when stable.
    There are patches that address these issues quite simply. Your "conclusion" is quite nearsighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    There are patches that address these issues quite simply. Your "conclusion" is quite nearsighted.
    oh, sorry, I forgot I had to install patches on Android for it to work....[ha.ha. ironic laughter]
  6.    #6  
    Well I get what they were doing with the touch settings on WebOS to make it a bit more finger friendly, they just didn't consider people wanting to use a stylus. And I definitely wouldn't say touch is without its faults on Android, that's a way more inconsistent bag from rom to rom and device to device. However, I'm wondering what special sauce Apple is using cause they have great touch responsiveness but styli still work great on there...

Ah well, thanks for the info! I'll mess around with some of the patches when I get around to doctoring my Touchpad...touch related patches seem to be broken for me in the last couple updates, I probably screwed up something... :x