Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Selling one of my TouchPads that I had originally bought in the US, but I live in the UK now.

Is the warranty still valid here? I'd like to be able to inform potential customers, but calls to HP US and HP UK were not very useful. Two calls to HP US said that it would be valid, while two calls to HP UK were split on whether it would be honored.

Has anyone overseas gotten their US TouchPad serviced overseas? Or do I need to call HP US/UK a few more times and make it the best out of 5 calls?

Thanks!
    No,

The warranty is only good in the region it was sold in. If you're willing if hell breaks loose and you do have a contact in the US, send the device to them and that person can contact HP support in the US to arrange any hardware support and then then it back to you. The only caveat is shipping costs.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response! I guess that's what HP US meant whent they said it would be valid -- as long as I ship it to the US service center, instead of getting it fixed here. Will be sure to note that when I sell the TP...
    I just sent my touchpad for repair service. I am curious if its refurbished. How can I tell?