Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I've updated to 305 through OTA. Now still pictures in certain folders cannot be displayed or added to "Photos and Videos". I've always had this problem since buying my Touchpad with webos 3.0.2 and have tried some ways provided by this forum to fix it, but to no avail. Is this the indexing bug in webos? How can I fix it in 305? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    I've updated to 305 through OTA. Now still pictures in certain folders cannot be displayed or added to "Photos and Videos". I've always had this problem since buying my Touchpad with webos 3.0.2 and have tried some ways provided by this forum to fix it, but to no avail. Is this the indexing bug in webos? How can I fix it in 305? Thanks.
    Have you tried the Media Indexer Refresh app in Preware? I don’t have this issue any more, but I think for you it’s worth trying. This will just be a workaround, but …
    webOS is simply fabulous

    TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    Another problem here. How can I not display those pictures and icons stuff in my sdcard in "Photos & Videos"? I got all the random name folders like "13b01dcb-affe-42cb-994f" displayed which contain cache and temp files from my CM. Is there a way to hide them in "Photos & Videos"? I know that in Android you can just put a .nomedia in the folder you want to hide from scanning.
  4. fahed2000's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #4  
    I got the same problem , my tp doesn't index any media at all anymore.
    some deleted pic folders still show up with little x instead of the pix
    I tried the media indexer refresh app but that didn't fix anything
    I also tried to remove all patches with epc emergency patch recovery.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    Another problem here. How can I not display those pictures and icons stuff in my sdcard in "Photos & Videos"? I got all the random name folders like "13b01dcb-affe-42cb-994f" displayed which contain cache and temp files from my CM. Is there a way to hide them in "Photos & Videos"? I know that in Android you can just put a .nomedia in the folder you want to hide from scanning.
    If you change yor folder’s name to .<foldername> it should be invisible vor webOS.

    But I don’t know how to fix the not displaying pics …
    webOS is simply fabulous

    TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  6.    #6  
    If you change yor folder’s name to . it should be invisible vor webOS.

    But I don’t know how to fix the not displaying pics …
    Have tried that but still did not work. Those pics are still in my Photos & Videos and what I wanted to be shown are still nowhere to see. Thanks, anyway.
    BTW, I just feel a little annoyed with this bug in WebOS 3. I mean it is not a bug so difficult to solve, right? I never came across such problem for any OS I have used before. It's just a basic feature for any OS. Can anyone explain this in a more in-depth perspective? Overall, I like the way WebOS works. But this just undermine its merits.
    Last edited by johnleo; 01/31/2012 at 10:41 AM.
  7. #7  
    How about backing up your USB data, go into device info and select USB data, and put the USB stuff back in?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8.    #8  
    You mean wipe usb data? I've got cm9 installed, so that's not the way I prefer. Got too much thingy to back up and reinstall.
  9. fahed2000's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have tried everything , installing media indexer refresher app , I have tried to reset/ USB storage , that did not work, then tried full reset [apps and everything gone], that seemed to index only 2 songs out of about 200 and 10 pix out of 500
    and somehow after the full reset my touchpad retained the uberkernal and perhaps some patches such; make it so Patch'
    I retried the media indexer after the full reset but still no success.
    any ideas guys on what should I try?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
  10. fahed2000's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #10  
    now i have even tried to fully reset (erasing everything) and as soon as i got to the language screen I doctored the device. After signing in ad webos loading market apps (I also signed into the my online accounts) i put it into usb mode and transferred some files, this time nothing shows up !!!
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fahed2000 View Post
    now i have even tried to fully reset (erasing everything) and as soon as i got to the language screen I doctored the device. After signing in ad webos loading market apps (I also signed into the my online accounts) i put it into usb mode and transferred some files, this time nothing shows up !!!
    silly this still isn't fixed. Transferred some files - only way to get it to rescan is to remove the USB cord after file transfer WITHOUT ejecting device from PC. You'll get the "oww that hurts" which is basically webos rescanning files and all the files are re-indexed.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    silly this still isn't fixed. Transferred some files - only way to get it to rescan is to remove the USB cord after file transfer WITHOUT ejecting device from PC. You'll get the "oww that hurts" which is basically webos rescanning files and all the files are re-indexed.
    This worked for me - can't believe you have to do this to get the thing to re-index though. really irritating.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3

Posting Permissions