1.    #1  
    My touchpad will not play videos on amazon vod in the browser.
    The display comes up, it tries to connect (lighted dots),
    then i get an error message. Anyone know what the problem
    could be? Thanks!
    My touchpad will not play videos on amazon vod in the browser.
    The display comes up, it tries to connect (lighted dots),
    then i get an error message. Anyone know what the problem
    could be? Thanks!
    What does the error message say and what browser patches are you using (if any)?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I got the same problem before. I rebooted my TP. It works fine afterward.

Good Luck.
  4.    #4  
    I get the following error: "unable to connect to video please try again later". I'm running webOS 3.0.5 and web 3.0.5. I rebooted and got the same error. BTW, I added the android dualboot in order to try amazon vod and it will play though it stutters so badly that it isn,t watchable. Thanks for the responses!
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseamoose View Post
    I get the following error: "unable to connect to video please try again later". I'm running webOS 3.0.5 and web 3.0.5. I rebooted and got the same error. BTW, I added the android dualboot in order to try amazon vod and it will play though it stutters so badly that it isn,t watchable. Thanks for the responses!
    works fine for me. What is the video you're trying to watch? Might be specific to the video you're trying to watch.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    works fine for me. What is the video you're trying to watch? Might be specific to the video you're trying to watch.
    I have amazon prime. So, I have skipped around and gotten the same problem with all of them. I have kept away from HD video. I have a nook tablet and it works fine. I'm confused why my touchpad would have problems.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseamoose View Post
    I have amazon prime. So, I have skipped around and gotten the same problem with all of them. I have kept away from HD video. I have a nook tablet and it works fine. I'm confused why my touchpad would have problems.
    ok, I installed uberkernel and govna. I set the CPU speed to 1.5 GHz and amazon vod is now working.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Amazon is systematically updating the DRM in their content. I've had a number of items do this and finally tried to watch one on the PC at which point Amazon VOD installed an update and then it ran fine.

The videos that do this will likely never work again. Oddly enough it doesn't seem affected by SD or HD status as I can watch my purchased copies of Dexter in both formats, but a number of shows in Prime will not play that are SD.
    After exchanging emails with Amazon support, they pointed out the Flash version. They recommended upgrading to version 11. So, I guess, we need to wait for HP to update it before troubleshooting anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by copy-nine View Post
    After exchanging emails with Amazon support, they pointed out the Flash version. They recommended upgrading to version 11. So, I guess, we need to wait for HP to update it before troubleshooting anymore.
    I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah, mobile development for Flash is dead and in the case of WebOS it's integrated at the OS level, so they'd have to kick out a full update juste to fix flash issues.

I did try to spoof it to 11 using some info I found in this post: Flash Mobile version number trickery
    But it didn't seem to work at all.