1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I have a strange issue with my touchpad where neither Webos Doctor or Quick Install will connect via USB. All of the drivers are installed correctly and I can connect via USB mode. I tried to reinstall the OS with Webos Doctor, but that wont even connect in recovery mode.

I followed one of the forums that advised to do a full erase, but no joy.

I know the problem is not due to an issue with my PC because I tried this on multiple PCs.

Please help.

Thanks....
    Are you sure you are getting novacom properly installed, this is what always kills me. Other thing is that dev mode is on.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    Are you sure you are getting novacom properly installed, this is what always kills me. Other thing is that dev mode is on.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Novacom is installed correctly and Dev mode is on but still wont connect. I think one of the old USB patches may have broken the connectivity. Cant even uninstall the patches since i erased everything and I cant install preware without USB being enabled.
  4.    #4  
    I just tried to connect via novaterm and get the failed to connect to server error message.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know of a way to install preware without going through novaterm or quick install. I copied the ipk to the download folder, but it wont install.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Have you tried a different cable? I spent hours stressing over a deadish TP that worked great once I found out the cable was dying... Also, have you tried accessing the doctor from the USB update screen, where you reboot and hold volume up?

I doubt preware can be installed without access to a root terminal thingy
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  7.    #7  
    Hi, I did try a different cable with the same results. I do still have Android on the Touchpad and was wondering if anyone knows if I can modify any of the WebOS settings through Android?