Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By damthman
  • 1 Post By bdbr
  1.    #1  
    trying to uninstall 3.0.4.15 or update to 3.0.5.4 under 3.0.5 and get a failure with this ipkg log: any ideas? thanks

Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.
    I always have trouble with this patch. When I try to install it via the PC it also fails but it then shows up as installed in Preware. Go figure!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    What you need to do at this point is run emergency patch recovery. it will uninstall all your patches but will get rid of the muffle system logging. then just go back and reinstall your patches. in order to avoid this error you have to uninstall muffle system logging before doing an OTA update otherwise it wont uninstall. to get the emergency patch recovery just open preware and search for emergency and it will find it. then you should be good to go.
    also there is a way to create a saved package list so it will install all your patches but i have never done that.
    Okay here are easy to follow steps

1. Open Preware and from the pull down menu select saved package list
    2. update list so that it has everything listed
    3. run EPR
    4. open saved list and click install
    5. done.
    MicCheck69, noseph and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by damthman View Post

3. run EPR
    5. done.
    you may need to run the saved list install twice as I got an error the first time.
    Last edited by omahawildcat; 01/28/2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    unfortunately I have had issues with this patch uninstalling as well. Even after getting it to uninstall, I wasn't able to reinstall it. On my Pre 2 I ran a store-media check and had issues with my boot sector. Fixing it helped my Pre. Didn't have such luck with my touchpad.

Had to doctor my touchpad due to many issues with patches not installing. Good luck!
    I had the same problem, EPR worked.
    MicCheck69 likes this.

3. run EPR
    5. done.
    Thanks, this worked for me exactly as stated!

3. run EPR
    5. done.
    This...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    daaaang, i should have read the whole thread before continuing. could have saved myself a lot of time saving my installs. oh wells.
    finally a quick fix... well it took me a while to sit and look for it. THANKS
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    So I may be showing my ignorance but I'm going to ask anyways. Better safe than sorry.

Will running EPR in any way affect my installed CM9 Android, Moboot, ACMEInstaller2, ClockworkMod, gapps, or any of the fixes and patches related to CM9?
    you could always dissect the patch and find out which files it changes, and replace those files with the correct files from the new doctor. or, you could temporarily trick preware into thinking you're running 3.0.4 and then uninstall the patch and then change preware back. or, you could find the 3.0.4 patch and write a patch yourself that un-patches everything it patched (just an inverse patch) and install w/ wosqi. or you could manually edit all the files it changes yourself.

but all of that is most likely a lot of work =P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06