Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By W00sh
  1.    #1  
    I'd retire all of the patches I've removed to get that one back. Heck, as has been observed by many, v3.0.5 is very snappy anyway.
    The patch is available in preware
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    The patch is available in preware
    Thank you!
    There's 8 updates in there now! All my favorites. Thanks to everyone.
    I just had to edit this. Every time there's a webOS update, I think of the programmers who wrote these great patches months ago, and they must sigh and go "Damn, I gotta go update my patch I almost forgot about." I just think what a pain that must be. So, I'm really grateful for the continued involvement.
    I'm not slick with my touchpad by any means, but I use it every day until it needs recharged. WebOS, the preware, the community, it's just so much fun. It's those guys that make it so enjoyable.
    Last edited by woosh; 01/27/2012 at 10:36 AM.
    You plug your phone in?
    old_geekster and Eigan like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I just had to edit this. Every time there's a webOS update, I think of the programmers who wrote these great patches months ago, and they must sigh and go "Damn, I gotta go update my patch I almost forgot about." I just think what a pain that must be. So, I'm really grateful for the continued involvement.
    I'm not slick with my touchpad by any means, but I use it every day until it needs recharged. WebOS, the preware, the community, it's just so much fun. It's those guys that make it so enjoyable.
    +1. All of them are the greatest. This is the best version by far. I could actually live without the patches. Let's not do that, however.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Does the Remove Tap Ripple have any other effect besides that? I used to have it, but removed it after a bit. The TP seems to miss taps quite a bit, so I liked to have the ripple as a visual queue to let me know if I missed the mark or if the TP just didn't register my tap.

Thanks.
    I like the ripple
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I agree, and it is also quite amazing. Thank you again kevets as I discovered all the patches that are available. I installed Ad Bocker, Disable Browser Cache, Muffle System Logging and Remove Tap Ripple without any reservations. However, I also installed Faster Card Animations HYPER Version, Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness and Mojo Tap Responsiveness. I'm wondering if perhaps those last three overlap each other? Maybe just one of them would be more beneficial. Also, has it been posted anywhere that the most popular patches have been updated?
    touch sensitivity and tap responsiveness apparently complement each other. Card animations is something different.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarich View Post
    touch sensitivity and tap responsiveness apparently complement each other. Card animations is something different.
    Ok, thank you!
    Don't thank me, thank the developers coming up with all these great patches. They really do a great job of taking a good OS and making it even better.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I just delete the photo with internalz pro and the ripple goes away
    That's a bit overkill, and likely doesn't affect the performance issue with the tap ripple as much as turning it off does. There is a .ini or .conf file that you can edit to turn it off, though. Which of course, is what the patch does.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    well... I installed the ripple patch just to test it. I must say I am very surprised at how much faster tapping is without it.