Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    God, at 99$ I'd have bought as many of the damn things as I could carry ;p.

As it sits, I'm well stocked on touchpads and touchpad accessories. I don't need any more.

I dont even know what I'd do with a handful more 16gb's, I guess I'd gift them to family or something. I dont even know what to do with all the ones I already have (my wife doesn't really use hers, she prefers her macbook pro).
    I'll buy another as a backup :-D
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Sold out of both. Total of 3999 - 32g TouchPads sold.
    They have a few more 32GB's back in stock, so if anyone's still thinking about it you have one more shot!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    He shoots, he scores! Just got a confirmation email from woot. Have two 16GB, one for me, one for wife, we love them. Now I have a 32GB to mod...why, hello, CM9!!
    Nice. Unfortunately, that won't make 5000 new webOS users but there will be some!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Nice. Unfortunately, that won't make 5000 new webOS users but there will be some!

Sadly I don't think the people buying those TP are looking to use Webos, rather make a few bucks on ebay

Phone: Pre- Tablet: Touchpad. Concept: WebOS Napkin.
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkinŠ "in coming months"
    Hmm....isn't it ironic that a relatively small site like Woot is able to hold sales that thousands of people rush without having their servers grind to halt and crash, but HP and eBay couldn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    a relatively small site like Woot is able to hold sales that thousands of people rush without having their servers grind to halt and crash
    Ha, if you think that's the case, you should see their servers during the "Random Crap" on a Woot-Off.
    well, Woot! Does crash every time a bag of crap comes up. (this is exactly what they call it, you'll have to google for the interesting story. ) Since this was an unanannounced sale, they didn't have theheavy kind of traffic ebay did. The first buyer's comment on woot said he waited 10 minutes before buying and was surprised he was the first. Hp has some great marketing info now. They know sustained interest. They know mob buying when they announce a sale beforehand, and they know they still sell like hotcakes at an unanounced sale at a higher price.
    whatever happened to the people who missed them during the first fire sale, who were going to be notified by hp of future touchpads? They were supposed to have a chance at that chaotic ebay fiasco?
    anyway,we'll never see another 5000 touchpads sold again. A few returns may pop up on wootoffs, but this is it.
    this has to have been the longest firesale in history-and people still want them.
    And I passed on an extra one. I stared at that woot screen for what seemed like an eternity, hoping "sell out sell out-I don't have the money sell out".
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Hmm....isn't it ironic that a relatively small site like Woot is able to hold sales that thousands of people rush without having their servers grind to halt and crash, but HP and eBay couldn't?
    Er woot is owned by Amazon. Amazon incidentally is powered by HP made machines.
    I've been loving my first Touchpad and I really wanted to pick up one of the cheaper 16GB ones but after waiting several hours and going through a "Should I/Shouldn't I" talk in my head, I grabbed one of the 32GB ones. I think I'm going to experiment with Linux and see if I can incorporate the Touchpad into some live music.
    I snatched up another to install Android on and give it to a family member.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Most of them.
    Most people don't don't go to the bother of installing Android.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    Sadly I don't think the people buying those TP are looking to use Webos, rather make a few bucks on ebay

Doesn't matter. Eventually it gets sold to somebody who wants the tablet and not just an item to sell. At the end of the day it's irrelevant whether that happens via Woot or EBay.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post

Although woot had a good price, I don't think too many people will make much of a profit. I think the people that bought them from woot, were end users.

We have 3 TP's and we like them so much, that I had to talk myself out of clicking the button a few times.

I'm not surprised that there were more to be sold, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more, sitting in a warehouse.. I could be wrong though.

I really like these things.
    Last edited by UbuntuIsGreat; 01/28/2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Most of them.
    Most people don't don't go to the bother of installing Android.
    True, but probably several of them will go to people who already have TouchPads, as backups, as secondary, tertiary units. As well all the people in the woot thread posting links to Android, and then the ******* that started posting links to where to pirate webOS apps.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12