1. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    So, I was watching a video on how to install ICS Alpha 0 and the guy did not once mentioned you need to insert "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5-fullofbugs" into the cminstall file. It's partially my part too for being too dumb, however, I just went ahead and booted up novacom and ACMEInstaller2 and now I'm stuck at the black screen with walls of text saying it cannot detect the "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5-fullofbugs" file. I tried doing everything to reset the touchpad, but it wouldn't budge. I was wondering if you guys knew how to get out of the this mode. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k3u View Post
    So, I was watching a video on how to install ICS Alpha 0 and the guy did not once mentioned you need to insert "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5-fullofbugs" into the cminstall file. It's partially my part too for being too dumb, however, I just went ahead and booted up novacom and ACMEInstaller2 and now I'm stuck at the black screen with walls of text saying it cannot detect the "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5-fullofbugs" file. I tried doing everything to reset the touchpad, but it wouldn't budge. I was wondering if you guys knew how to get out of the this mode. Thanks.
    You can probably memboot into webos from the doctor and then mount the USB drive put the files in there and start over..

See webosinternals wiki for memboot instructions.
  3. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    You can probably memboot into webos from the doctor and then mount the USB drive put the files in there and start over..

See webosinternals wiki for memboot instructions.
    Oh okay, I'll try that. Thank you for such a quick reply.

Okay, I tried it and it says device cannot be found. I can't put the HP Touchpad into recovery mode or USB mode because I can't turn it off. Whenever I hit any of the buttons, a new line of coding appears and it just refuses to turn off.

EDIT : I got out of the black wall text by spamming all of the hp touchpad's buttons due to frustration and it worked and kicked me back into webOS.
    Last edited by k3u; 01/26/2012 at 05:12 PM.