Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    The saga continues.

After 2 weeks of trying to get it to the Hungary repair centre, it arrived back today - unrepaired.

When I queried it, it turns out itis an American model and therefore has to go to a USA repair centre. But they will only accept it from a USA address.

So, I have a dead TouchPad and no way of getting it fixed.

You figure it out - I cant. Its a TouchPad - why should it matter where it is sold?

a very disgruntled Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    The saga continues.

After 2 weeks of trying to get it to the Hungary repair centre, it arrived back today - unrepaired.

When I queried it, it turns out itis an American model and therefore has to go to a USA repair centre. But they will only accept it from a USA address.

So, I have a dead TouchPad and no way of getting it fixed.

You figure it out - I cant. Its a TouchPad - why should it matter where it is sold?

a very disgruntled Alan
    Just curious, what are your plans for it now? I do sympathize with you, it should not matter. A touchpad is a touchpad, but companies always have quirks when it comes to warranty repairs. I don't envy your position. Hate to have this happen to a fellow webOS user.
    -send it to a forum member in the US
    -have them send it in
    -have them send it back to you
    -?????????
    -PROFIT!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    As I work for HP, I have one or two contacts in the USA. One of them just happens to be the head honcho who did ALL our internal DC consolidation (I won't tell you his budget but it was more than a banker earns....). I'm seeing him on Monday to see if he can kick some sense into people, but in the meantime, he's going to take my TP back with him and get it sorted.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I've helped friends and strangers in foreign places out with stuff like this before, if your US contact can't help you feel free to PM me and we can work out a trustable solution. Alternatively, mail forwarding businesses can be the solution for a decent fee, you just ship your TP to them and they ship it to HP from a stateside address. That might be difficult though since HP always wants you to send it in their box...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"