1.    #1  
    I dropped my touchpad and the home button falling off, it took me some effort to put it back. But since then the touch screen stopped responding. and also noticed there are specks of dust and dirts under the screen.
    Anyone had similar experience? and any sugesstions?

Thanks in advance

More interestingly is, since my tp is password protected, after 10 times login failure (no way to type in password on the screen) , the tp then went ahead to wipeout everthing on it and restart installation again, now it discoveried my wireless connection, asking the password for connection --- well, it just stuck there...
    Quote Originally Posted by tpuser_joe View Post
    I dropped my touchpad and the home button falling off, it took me some effort to put it back. But since then the touch screen stopped responding. and also noticed there are specks of dust and dirts under the screen.
    Anyone had similar experience? and any sugesstions?

Thanks in advance

More interestingly is, since my tp is password protected, after 10 times login failure (no way to type in password on the screen) , the tp then went ahead to wipeout everthing on it and restart installation again, now it discoveried my wireless connection, asking the password for connection --- well, it just stuck there...
    I am sorry to hear about your mishap. It sounds to me like this is a job for a repair shop. The dust may be parts of the inner workings.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advice.
    I googled how to repair a damaged touchpad, the only places I can found are one in San Diago, and one in Taxes. and I am in Maryland, Hard to believe there isn't a local place to give a checkup without mailing it across the country.