Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've tried multiple times to update my HP TP to the latest v3.0.5 system update and upon installation I'm receiving a "failed to install" error message each time.

Do any patches need to be REMOVED prior to updating....or is there a specific way to do this update correctly?

Please advice. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
    I've tried multiple times to update my HP TP to the latest v3.0.5 system update and upon installation I'm receiving a "failed to install" error message each time.

Do any patches need to be REMOVED prior to updating....or is there a specific way to do this update correctly?

Please advice. Thanks.
    There are several other threads on this subject. I had to remove UberKernel and Govnah to get it to install. It is also recommended to run Emergency Patch Recovery to remove all of the patches. There are no patch feeds available for 3.0.5 at this point. You may want to wait to update until the patches are ready. I don't find it a bad experience without them, however.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    in my case I had to remove CM7
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    I have to free-up some space (deleted 2GB) to provide about 6 GB free for it to install.

Good Luck.