Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have the problem, that I can't install new apps and app updates. It complains, that there is not enough space left. BUT I have 8GB left.

- I have UK installed
    - I have Android CM9 installed

Using wterm, I found out, that /var is 92% full!

Does anyone know the problem and, besides from the doctor, a solution?

Thanks Marcel

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    You can't install webOS apps or android apps?

Perhaps logging is too verbose?
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I can't install webOS apps. Since patches aren`t available yet, turning off logging isn't an option yet.
    the problem is /var being near full. If you are comfortable with the Linux command line, than you can shuffle things around. If you are not comfortable with Linux, then it is a visit to the Doctor.
    HP -> Land Line ... Palm -> Pre2 ... HP -> TP64gb
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I am comfortable with command line. But I don't know what I can delete without risk. I'll do a backup of /var before and see where the main amount of data is!
    What I did was go through the sub-directories of /var and be sure the sub was not a link somewhere else. Then I did a
    du -ks .
    and if it was taking up a lot of space, I backed up only that sub to the USB partition. I rebooted and did a quick check to see if anything obvious was broken.
    HP -> Land Line ... Palm -> Pre2 ... HP -> TP64gb
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    My downloadhistory.db has 27MB! Is there a way to reduce it or can i just delete it?

I am using webOS only, but this might help. In web browser preferences, you can delete bookmarks, history, cache, and cookies. I deleted them all at once and was able to download apps again. You might want to delete one by one if you don't want to lose everything. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    You can delete downloadhistory.db file and reboot the TP.

This is covered in "Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4 as well.

Successfully performed on my TP and Pre3 with no ill effects and now working fine.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    You can delete downloadhistory.db file and reboot the TP. only works so many times. I don't want to visit the doctor and delete everything. Are there any other solutions?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    maybe your /var is full
    I agree, try deleting te downloadhistory.db. However it seems to only be temporary as a fix.
    instead of doctoring, why not try the "Erase Apps and App Data" option under Reset options in your Device Info app!
    (be sure to backup appdata manually or with Save/restore(from preware), as well as using the builtin Palm Backup.)
    (if you have preware installed, go to the saved package list and update it, then save preware's appdata with Save/Restore afterwards(save the pkg list first!). That way, after you reinstall Preware, you can restore all those awesome homebrew apps that the Pam backup can't restore.(use App Tuckerbox or Palm's backuo to restore the other catalognapps. Ext3fs partitions shouldn't be affected by this type of restore/erase, and so shouldn't Android CM installations.